Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Battery Drain / Fuse 12 IG1

NickAygo

Hi, I`ve been using the forum and posts to fault find my partners 2014 Aygo. We`ve been having Battery drain problems if left for 3 days over the weekend, the car doesn`t start often. Battery appears to be getting 13.5 volts when the engine is running. I`ve used a multimeter inline with the Battery to see any current drain, this was around 200ma with the doors shut and ignition off.

I pulled the fuses out and continued to test.

When I take out fuse 12 labelled IG1 on the diagram the drain drops to 6.3ma.

Any ideas ? The fuse seems to control the following. 

I`ve unplugged the rear wiper and washer, that made no difference.

12 IG1 7.5 Windshield wiper and washer, rear window wiper and washer, anti−lock brake system, electric power steering system, electric cooling fan, back−up lights, power door lock system, wireless remote control system, power windows, rear window defogger, tachometer, air conditioning system, heater system

• 9 months later...

Nick, Did you find the problem as I am having a problem with Battery draining after on a day or so. My bluetooth hands free system appears to stay on at all times and I am thinking this could be contributing to the problem. Gareth Moses

I had the same problem on my previous car(vw golf mk6) and I realised that the anti mader device that was fitted to the car was draining the Battery in just 4 days.  I removed it and the problem was solved.  

Thankyou Edmond. I have tried to remove the bluetooth device but it is attached by a wire that goes behind the door panelling. I cannot appear to switch the device off as the screen and buttons will not respond but remain in. Nor can I  identify which fuse will be powering it! It feels warm so is certainly using power which in turn must be draining the Battery

• 11 months later...
On 3/7/2020 at 5:08 PM, NickAygo said:

Hi, I`ve been using the forum and posts to fault find my partners 2014 Aygo. We`ve been having battery drain problems if left for 3 days over the weekend, the car doesn`t start often. Battery appears to be getting 13.5 volts when the engine is running. I`ve used a multimeter inline with the battery to see any current drain, this was around 200ma with the doors shut and ignition off.

I pulled the fuses out and continued to test.

When I take out fuse 12 labelled IG1 on the diagram the drain drops to 6.3ma.

Any ideas ? The fuse seems to control the following. 

I`ve unplugged the rear wiper and washer, that made no difference.

12 IG1 7.5 Windshield wiper and washer, rear window wiper and washer, anti−lock brake system, electric power steering system, electric cooling fan, back−up lights, power door lock system, wireless remote control system, power windows, rear window defogger, tachometer, air conditioning system, heater system

Hi did u find out what was causing it 

What are your symptoms ? Do you have the same issue ? do you have an insurance black box fitted ?

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

What are your symptoms ? Do you have the same issue ? do you have an insurance black box fitted ?

Same  issue  no black box that I no of where do they fit them 

When was the Battery last replaced ? Black box is usually on the driver's side behind the kick panel (A pillar). Do you have standalone bluetooth ? (controls down by the gearstick)

IG 1 is the fuse for the IG relay (control side) and is powered from the ignition switch - check the IG switch is not putting out 12V with the key off, if you get no voltage the switch is good, next check the relay in relay box No. 2

18 hours ago, flash22 said:

*2 Before 2012

934832063_Aygomk1relaylocal.thumb.jpg.6c8d20d936a3406ef871581bc956efa9.jpg

Hi where is relay bix for this thank u very much 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links