Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Shocked by Toyota Stockport's driver airbag recall experience, anyone else?

Sunbeam2020

Anyone have this happen? See video link below. I took my Yaris for a front driver airbag replacement to Toyota in Stockport. I waited a couple of hours while they supposedly fitted it. Afterwards, the person dealing with me said it was ready, but they had found the nearside side lights were not working, and the left half of the high level brake light was also not working. I nearly asked them to just fix it there and then but thought I should save a few quid. On return, I checked the car and this was ALL false - the side lights were all fine and the high level brake light was NOT in two halves anyway - it is a single unit and lit up perfectly. Oddly I also noticed the bonnet lid was not pushed down properly, it was cocked up ready to be lifted. Maybe it had been lifted and not shut properly afterwards? That's unlikely - it is actually hard to not shut a bonnet lid properly when you close it. I'm now left wondering what to do, have they actually done the job? I was fobbed off when I called them to complain, they just offered to check the car over if I was to bring it in to them. Guess I need to contact the main Toyota customer service and point them to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_vtCA9kQuw

Why leave it eight weeks before posting this and considering contacting Toyota Customer Relations??

Surely it would have been better, if you didn't receive a satisfactory explanation from your phone call, to either write to the dealer principal or contact Toyota Customer Relations back at the start of February.

@FROSTYBALLS The delay has been due to severe personal issues so I'm literally just getting back on the case now. But yeah thanks - it's the way to go certainly and that's what I am doing, though it's important for others to see this kind of practice reported. Cheers!

Usually the visual safety report (VSR) is undertaken before any work is undertaken - there is little point in doing the VSR after. For example, when I've had my Aygo serviced whilst I've waited, I've had a video of the VSR sent to me within the first 10 minutes of waiting.

As regards the bonnet being unlatched how do you know whether the nearside front sidelight bulb wasn't replaced by the technician? The same for the high level rear brake light. Probably wouldn't have been worthwhile cost-wise in terms of staff time, etc, raising an invoice and charging you for two bulbs.

@FROSTYBALLS the VSR was given to me with a chat about the items needing attention. The supposed fault with the high level rear brake light is inconsistent with the type of light that exists on the car.

When mine went in for the airbag recall, I was advised that I needed two brake pipes and that it was going to take four hours to replace them.

I didn't really want to have to sell one of my kidneys to pay for it so, I politely refused their quote. 😊

• Like 1

Raise the issue with the dealer principal. They may still want to look at the car. What else do you expect them to do?

They have been contacted, I'm awaiting a reply.  Not sure what they can do that I can be confident of though, if they offer to do anything apart from 'have a look at the car'. How can I know if the work was actually done? Can they put anything right about such poor service?  I'm not accustomed to this kind of thing with Toyota.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links