Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid meter lights

Umer farooq

Hi does anyone knows about this issue, i have 2013 auris hybrid, when you start the car than right after 10-15mins ,only speedometer lights goes off in 2 sections.
do i need to change the lights or something in fuse box. 

1EFD74C9-7DE8-45FC-B184-902F90AA1FB7.jpeg

7B60EC4D-234E-4968-8D9D-E851943AF7F0.jpeg

I would suspect a fault on the panel itself, either something simple like a dry joint related to the LED's (poor solder connection) or one of the LED's failing intermittently open circuit and consequently all others in the chain go out as well.

What would you suggest? Shall i spray WD40 in fuse box just to get rid if its any moisture between the contacts. 

20 minutes ago, Umer farooq said:

What would you suggest? Shall i spray WD40 in fuse box just to get rid if its any moisture between the contacts. 

No, you better don’t do that . Problem seems to be behind the instruments, as the previous post suggests. You will need to dismantle the dash and get the instruments panel out and inspect the leds and the connection, maybe check some other posts or another forum for auris/Corolla similar problems. If it’s happens to you would have happened to someone else too. 
Good luck 

• Like 1

i know this is for the mk1 Auris i'm sure the cost would be the same for the mk2 Auris

they are quoting £99 for the repair of the dashboard including no back light / flickering lights

this seems to be the issue you are having.

here is a link for revtronic in yorkshire

https://www.revtronic.com/product/toyota-auris-instrument-cluster-indicator-not-working/

Thanks for it. It will be very helpful. 

just wondering does anyone did it on their own. I know for sure flickering is because of poor joint or moisture in between the contact. But still if anyone did ths please share your experience. 

flickering is also the first sign of leds burning out

Yes, some members did replace the led's on their own. There have been few topics where the turn signal led died, so some of the members fixed them themselves.

You need hot air blower for this. In their case the problem was finding the right color of green, but since you will be replacing white ones, should not be so problematic.

You can use search to check those topics.

• Thanks 1

I have managed to open the cluster panel. Nothing wrong with circuit board apparently, I think best way to go is to replace the leds on the board. 

Excellent work!  Any difficulties in getting it apart or taking it out?

No you just need to be careful when unlocking the plastic locks. Than just 2 screws and pulled out the meter carefully. Than 8 starkey screws on the back to takeout the circuit board. I would suggest instead of spending £150+ just to replace the led, you should give a try by yourself. You can buy these leds from eBay easily. 
let me know if anybody needs help regarding this issue. 

• 2 years later...
On 4/21/2020 at 11:43 AM, Gerg said:

Excellent work!  Any difficulties in getting it apart or taking it out?

I took the the screw out but the circuit board is hard to take off and where is the leds do I need to separate circuit board to change led bulb

LED's should be on the board itself. They are tiny, and can't really replace it without a hot air blower.

Also, problem is finding same temperature led's,  so that's another thing to pay attention to.

There are shops fixing this, if you don't want to go the DIY path.

Since you removed the speedo cluster why not just try resoldering the leds first.

Also do a visual check the plugs / edge connectors for corrosion.

The leds are tiny, smaller than a small grain of rice. You can't solder them, you need hot air gun to redo them.

Flickering, or staying on for a brief amount of time after startup, then going off is a typical sign of a dying LED.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links