Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Spares

Andysp0130

Hi, 

I'm looking for spares for a 2008 Aygo platinum 5 door. 

The dreaded leaks have started and I need rear door seals, looking online I can't find anyone supplying them and of course Toyota are closed due to Cv19. 

If anyone can help it'd be really appreciated. 

Thanks for your help. 

Andy

Where is the water evident?

Hi Gampla,

Thanks for the reply,I'll have look at those. 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Where is the water evident?

Hi Frosty,

The water is leaking past both rear door seals,more do the rear drivers side but a little on the passengers side as well.

Hopefully the new door seals will be a better fit than the old ones,I understand there is also a seal which can retrofitted  to the car body belowcthecrsin gutter to effectively seal off the massive gap between door and car body,is this correct.

I took the car to a Toyota dealer and they said its cost around £500 to examine the car and fix the leaks,seems a lot to me.

Cheers

Are you totally sure its creeping by the seals (spraying hose on it). Our foot wells were very wet but caused from water coming in through the boot. Might be worth siliconing the seals onto the lip. I aslo gace the door sealks a wipe over with silicone grease to liven then up.

I assume you have sealed the high level brake light/light clusters and the vents behind the bumper?

Hi Simon,

I've sealed the high level brake light and now the boot is dry,I poured buckets of water over the various seals  and  the rear drivers side leaked like a sieve.

Is silicone  grease a spray?

Cheers

Andy

can the catch be adjusted so the door is tighter to the frame when shut? 

2 hours ago, gotagetz said:

can the catch be adjusted so the door is tighter to the frame when shut? 

I've no idea? 

If I loosen off the catch and tap it inwards will that tighten it? 

I'll certainly give it a go if it'll help, I really don't know how they got away with selling a car that leeks so badly!! 

Thanks for your help. 

CHEERS 

Is the water coming in as though the seal is not squashing against the door? You can get silicone grease in a spray but I normally buy a small pot from eBay as you dont need much. I think Vaseline does the same job.It just makes the seals a little less dry and they tend to stick to the door etc. I found the rear door seals were not a very good fit on the lip and I actually stuck them to the lip with silicone sealant. On one side the rubber had a small gap at the bottom which I also siliconed. Maybe rotate the seal round and see if that makes any difference? If its coming in the top, could you try bending the door frame in slightly? Just be careful not to break the window(maybe do it with the window ajar.

I totally agree that the quality on these cars is woeful in places. I was driving my daughters one today and said to my wife that if they had spent just a tiny amount more they could have been so much better. the leaks are the main gripe. The engine is great but gearchange is also crap.

About to suggest vaseline myself on the door seals.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links