Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Spark Plugs

Markturbo

been wondering the same, also heat ranges 6, 7 & 8 are for sale in varoius places for the rev2 turbo. so i'd like to add a bit of a question...

rev2, 15psi what grade plug do i want, i'm told a grade colder, does grading work up or down, i.e. is 6 colder than 7 or 7 colder than 6 ???

I phonted Fensport and asked for a grade colder than stock .. and they sent them ..

and then the got put in on the next service ..

I phoned up Fensport and asked what I should get... they told me.. they're in my car, but I can't remember now.. DOH!

Like I said before... grade 7, which is one colder than stock, TRD Iridium plugs with 0.8mm gap... on Fensport's advice. <_<

Interestingly (If you find this sort of thing interesting) there were a few messages on the imoc yahoo group about this today, i'll quote:

> > heat range of spark plugs, been told i should run a grade

> colder plugs

> > in my rev2 turbo running 15psi, whats stock grade and whats colder,

> > i.e. if stock is 7 is 6 colder or 8?

> >

Steve, stock grade is 6. As the number gets higher, the plug gets colder. So if you want a colder plug, go for a 7.

One thing to note!!! This grading is different for some makes of plugs. The above will apply if you're looking for NGK plugs, but may be wrong if you're looking at Champion (I think!).

HTH.

Regards,

Dino

Dino's spot on - the heat range numbering system is manufacturer specific - eg. Champions use lower numbers for 'colder' plugs.

For 15psi you might just get away with standard copper plugs - but if you want to try a colder plug, I'm using :

NGK Part #: BKR7E,  NGK Stock #: 6097  - £1.43 / £1.68 (inc vat) from my local NGK distributor.

FWIW - some people find that a colder plug may make the car slightly harder to start from cold.

Cheers,

Ben.

Interestingly (If you find this sort of thing interesting) there were a few messages on the imoc yahoo group about this today, i'll quote:
> > heat range of spark plugs, been told i should run a grade

> colder plugs

> > in my rev2 turbo running 15psi, whats stock grade and whats colder,

> > i.e. if stock is 7 is 6 colder or 8?

> >

Steve, stock grade is 6. As the number gets higher, the plug gets colder. So if you want a colder plug, go for a 7.

One thing to note!!! This grading is different for some makes of plugs. The above will apply if you're looking for NGK plugs, but may be wrong if you're looking at Champion (I think!).

HTH.

Regards,

Dino

Dino's spot on - the heat range numbering system is manufacturer specific - eg. Champions use lower numbers for 'colder' plugs.

For 15psi you might just get away with standard copper plugs - but if you want to try a colder plug, I'm using :

NGK Part #: BKR7E,  NGK Stock #: 6097  - £1.43 / £1.68 (inc vat) from my local NGK distributor.

FWIW - some people find that a colder plug may make the car slightly harder to start from cold.

Cheers,

Ben.

that'll be me asking the same question on other boards :thumbsup:

Steve..... midmotorsteve..... steve...midmotorsteve......... aaaaaaaaaahhh its all so clear to me now B) :D

well i don't think i will bother with these spark plugs then but i want a perfomance upgrade on leads and plugs for rev 2 tubby in blue colour if i can what ones does anyone suggest me buying and what thickness leads ect and if anyone knows rough prices it would be good

i did a jimlad, rung fensport, they advised me, i bought em.

Can't rem which ones off hand tho... lol

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links