Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

help with getting phone screen on car screen

chris in devon

Help wanted,I have a 2016 x play aygo & a Samsung A10 phone. I want to get the phone screen up on the muti-medai screen, I have tryed loads of apps but I cant get it to work?

Moved to the Aygo club.

1 hour ago, chris in devon said:

Help wanted,I have a 2016 x play aygo & a samsung A10 phone. I want to get the phone screen up on the muti-medai screen, I have tryed loads of apps but I cant get it to work?

In short you can't your New Samsung phone uses a version of Mirrorlink unsupported ( nor will it be ) by the cars headunt, There are hacks and work arounds , search Mirrorlink on the Aygo Forums to see if you think it worth the effort 

5 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

In short you can't your New samsung phone uses a version of Mirrorlink unsupported ( nor will it be ) by the cars headunt, There are hacks and work arounds , search Mirrorlink on the Aygo Forums to see if you think it worth the effort 

Are there any phones that will work with it, and do the job ?

13 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

In short you can't your New samsung phone uses a version of Mirrorlink unsupported ( nor will it be ) by the cars headunt, There are hacks and work arounds , search Mirrorlink on the Aygo Forums to see if you think it worth the effort 

Are there any phones that will work ?

Old iPhone 5 ( needs Appin car app & specific cable )

Samsung Galaxy S3 ( needs drivelink app )

Some Nokia running Symbian ( list has been deleted )

As you can see all of these phones are really old and there is no guarantee they will still have compatibility, Toyota did udate the headunt for some later but there was never any guarantee of compatibilty and since Apple launched carplay & Google Android auto they stopped supporting Mirrorlink fully so it is a mess and a faff to try and find a phone that works with Apps that work ( only Mirrorlink apps display it is not a full phone mirror ) 

• Like 1

Are there any phones that will work?

None that are guaranteed no 

22 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Old Iphone 5 ( needs Appin car app & specific cable )

Samsung Galaxy S3 ( needs drivelink app )

Some Nokia running Symbian ( list has been deleted )

As you can see all of these phones are really old and there is no guarantee they will still have compatibility, Toyota did udate the headunt for some later but there was never any guarantee of compatibilty and since Apple launched carplay & Google Android auto they stopped supporting Mirrorlink fully so it is a mess and a faff to try and find a phone that works with Apps that work ( only Mirrorlink apps display it is not a full phone mirror ) 

Ok got drive link on my old Samsung s3 its asking for view link & direct download link?

17 hours ago, chris in devon said:

Ok got drive link on my old samsung s3 its asking for view link & direct download link?

Is it the phone asking or car asking? what happens when you plug phone into car?

Honestly no idea what viewlink & direct download link are

• 4 years later...

Hi, I know it's been a few years after this post was created.  But I have the same issue now and was wondering if you found a solution to it? I'm okay trying tk find another phone if needed or if there is a way to update the screen etc.

Thank you!!

in a word No. you will need to upgrade the radio to the 3-button TriplePlay unit 86140-YV010 (without DAB) or 86140-YV020 (with DAB)

Mirrorlink is all but dead, no phone has been certified to use it since 2020, and it was fully discontinued in 2023

https://carconnectivity.org/mirrorlink-operations-sunsetting-by-september-30-2023/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links