Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Performance Question

George16v

What is the 0-60 time for the N/A MR2's Rev2 engines and the top speed!

Also why does it say on the revision guide that the Rev3 Turbo have a top speed of 145mph thought they were limited to 155mph

The 0-60 is jus below 8 secs, want to get mine timed soon. Not sure about top speed (around 140mph?)

rev2 n/a 7.2 to 60 toyota figures 133mph toyota figures

rev2 tubby 5.7 0-60 toyota figures don't know what they claimed top end was

NA's low 7's .. early tubbies high fives, late tubbies low fives (us spec 200bhp low 6's)

Top end is just over 130 and the tubby will redline in 5th, so it depends on the size tyres you have. .

Ok cool, So a Rev3 Tubby is still the one to go for, Just checking. But top speed in the red one I looked at _ What do you reckon had 225's on the back 16" rims!!

I've had mine up to around 165 on a runway .. the speedo was pointing to about 180 (didn't look down for too long) ..

And as long as your tyres are the sensible and clost to the stock RR you'l be a few % higher or lower ..

But who cares about top end anyhow? All beemers do 155 .. the mr2 redlines in 5th .. it's not a true estimate of top end .. I've got details of an MR2 that averaged over 200mph on the salt flats .. but that required a new g'box .. and it'd be rubbish around town ..

Only reason I am interested matey is becaust I go to Le mans every year and most of the peeps I go with have ferraris, porsches or aston's. I usually rent as the cli oonly does 145 and obviously can't cruise at this let alone 120 in a clio as it is too light.

Usually rent from a mate who owns his own rental company, This year took an SL55 AMG which was awesome btw!

But if I get the MR2 (if what a joke, ofcourse I'm getting one, have driven one now) I want to arrange a trip just for MR2's so want to now if they are up for it, If so would be a good laugh for you guys to come aswell!

Like a convoy to Le mans and back!

Was going to do it in the clio, but no one was up for it, Boring basts!!

Is def. the best race to see though, Formula is nothing compared to it!! let alone the 24hrs of drinking, women and cars!!

I wanna got to Le Mans at some point .. defo up for a road trip ..

Im definatly up for a road trip around france too, how often does it happen? any good sites that have details about it?

Colio - Le Mans is once a year. Half way down france on the west coast!

Will let you know nearer the time, around may time next year!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links