Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Strict Car Meeting Rules To Be Set

Steve

It seems that the gaydon meet went well. But it could have been a disaster.

It seems there were alot of cars racing at the gaydon meet ie Toyotas, Hondas and even spotted a couple of Lexi myself.

I am seriously dissapointed in the way some members from all 3 club acted on this fine day.

A child was nearly hit by a speeding car that was heading round the bend. The parents were horrified and reported it to security. What possesses such stupidity from certain members beats me.

The person who is responsible should publicly own up and apologise because I have a list of registration plates and I shall be restricting this person from our meetings and from using our forums unless i hear from this person.

GO TO A RACETRACK MEET INSTEAD

So... as head of committee I have decided to put together some very strict rules in regards to attending our meetings. If no one likes the rules we set then plese do not attend the meet.

Watch this space.

thank you.

I agree with some of the points raised that a number of people were hooning around Gaydon especially that bend which could have caused some serious problems but to be fair the Lexi/Toyota participation was minimal.

Standing right on the corner for most of the day with the MR2's it was clearly the Honda's which made up the large percentage of the cars hooning around, even spotted an S2000 doing donuts on the other side at one point....

It would be a shame to lose good venues by people acting inappropriately on site and would be awful for the the majorities fun to be ruined by the reckless few....

Hopefully people will take note from the issues raised by Gaydon staff and with some subtle reminders before and at the following meets hooning will be toned down...

I think the Gaydon staff got a bit carried away (being understandably worried) later in the day as I was told to slow down coming round the bend ( I hit 20mph going in and was obviously on the brake well before the top car park where the pedestrians/entrance were), even Carl was told to slow down and Im sure (no offense meant) Carl wasn't hooning round that bend either....

No offence taken, and I totally agree with what's been said. The Security truck was parked in a very awkward position and as that corner was blind I had to brake hard anyway and I wasn't going particularly fast at all, I can see why they were annoyed if people were driving like looneys round there.

I did find it strange the first time we went that the way out takes you right around the building and that blind corner near the pedestrian entrance. <_<

On another note, this may be difficult to do but I missed so many people that maybe next time we could all meet up together at some point during the day?

Would be a good idea have a set time and place where everyone from LOC and TOC meets up as it would be good to see everyone that goes to the meets and put names to faces properly.

It would be a better idea than everyone walking around with badges on anyway...

As nice as convoys are they also draw a significant amount of public attention. When in convoy it is the most likely time to show your cars abilities or your own off. But remember this is the time you will most likely be noticed by a member of the public.

That's why I always leave early to avoid the ***** envy racing. I know what my car can do and I know what everyone else's can do so there is no need to prove it.

Name and shame.

The problem this time wasn't so much the public roads (although not sure how the other convoy's behaved/misbehaved when arriving or leaving) the roads were very quiet in the morning....

The problems that occured were in Gaydon itself where people leaving the main area and turning right to the main entrance to the museum were flooring it up and around the right bend which caused problems as the entrance and another car park is up there on the right...

A child was nearly knocked over by a car (not sure who) when he drove around the right hander too quickly even though there was a zebra crossing up there....

As far as I am aware complaints werent made against individual clubs for the behaviour on public roads, purely for their behaviour on location at the museum...

I must say I was surprised to see behaviour like that at such an "adult" style meet.

I wasn't expecting to see behaviour that often gets comments about not being able to use a venue again, in much the same way as JAE often gets comments.

Days like Sunday are all about seeing like minded individuals and discussing like minded things, not trying to demonstrate how a car sticks to the road at certain speeds.

And I shall apologise now on my husbands behalf if it was considered he was hooning at one point. He took a Sera around the car parking area to check something out that the owner had commented on and then did the same with his for comparison purposes. If this upset anyone, I am sorry. He did appear to be taking both cars around gently though.

I saw your hubby driving both Sera's around the lot and there was no way that could have been classed as 'hooning around'....

Only complaint could be the alternator belt previously discussed :P :P :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links