Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris Engine Replacement

Montez

Hi there, i was jus wondering if there would be any way i could cram a toyota corola tsport engine in to my yaris. Also if there is neone who does engine mounts for this.

p.s has anyone noticed if you go to red line in 2nd gear then to third, then back to second it skips the rev limmiter and keeps on going. (in my 1.3 yaris)

Ive only red lined in 1st(36MPH) and 2nd(69MPH) how fast does the car go in 3rd?

Hi there, i was jus wondering if there would be any way i could cram a toyota corola tsport engine in to my yaris. Also if there is neone who does engine mounts for this.

nope as Toyota PR said the manifold takes up the space where the steering column is on RHD.... :thumbsup:

p.s. hi and welcome :D

In third gear i can get redline between 95-98 but the car has only done 1.5k and is still loosening up

That kinda sux cos i was gettin all excited and where gonna save up. So will it work if u get a left hooker? and are there any other engine upgrade possibilitys?

yup celica/corolla TS is a no-no!

im working on what to bung in mine at the min would really like a 3sgte gt4/mr2 turbo lump but that will be a pain due to the difference between old and new style engines

more than likely super/turbo charge with NOS for now

so you red lined it to 2nd, stuck in 3rd for a sec, then back to 2nd, and it get on going? are you sure you didnt stick it in 4th?

the first time i did it was by accident, was bommin it down a road and put it into 3rd gear saw a police car in the distance so went to put it into 4th and slow down. but it would not go into 4th so i tried again and put it into second doing 85mph and the revs where off the dial.

After this i decided to experiment and found sure enough that you could go past the limiter and cary on going as far as u dared.

I dont really recomend taking it to 9000 rpm like i did by accident, but if it is under warrenty i cannot see them voiding it as it is a bug in their system.

how do you know it was going at 9000RPM?

ok if the car redlines (6000rpm) at say 60mph in second gear, and i was doing around 90 in third then changed back down to second. 90mph is a half again of 60mph so 6000rpm + another half would make it up to 9000rpm? well that is an estimate neway.

:rolleyes: You guys are the reason my insurance is so high and why people are unwilling to buy a second hand car from me. :rolleyes:

I'm surely not buying a 2nd hand car now .. after hearing what ppl do to their cars!

:lol:

but if it is under warrenty i cannot see them voiding it as it is a bug in their system.

The first thing they will do when you will go to them with that seized engine is take a read-out from the freeze-frame data, see what happened and then tell you your warranty is void.

Think about it, when you downshift and dump the clutch you have just physically engaged the engine with the rest of the (moving) drive-train, no rev-limiter that can change the laws of physics.

Want to see +/-12000 rpm? Redline it in 4th gear (ratio 1.031 on your C52 box), then dump it in 2nd (ratio 1.904). Want to see +/-20000 rpm? Redline it in 4th, then dump it in 1st (ratio 3.166).

It's your fun and money, don't let me spoil it, just don't tell anyone you haven't been warned.

Cheers, Yves.

i think youll find if you try to breach 12000rpm then the engine will more than likely lock up and smash the gearbox to smitherenes and throw the rods through the block!

agree with yvvan, the car has a form of 'blackbox' recorder that easily tells the garage of its last fault codes and driving data. so your not gonna get away with a blown engine!

BTW new engines are about 3.5k

And while we're at it, the redline of your car is NOT going to shift as it loosens up. The speed of the crank is directly linked to the tarmac through the gearbox. No matter how loose the motor, she can't spin faster than her gearing.

What a delightful thread!

"Bug in their system!"

ROFLMAO!! :lol::wacko::bye:

i gotta say it as i'm sure it's in a few peoples minds....

what sort of muppet intentionally takes there car past the red line intentionally ???

the rev limiter is there for a reason, if you wanna blown engine by all means keep it going, personally would be happy to won a car that works, there isnt anything clever in blowing your engine as you were intentionally pushing it faster than its supposed to turn over...

p.s has anyone noticed if you go to red line in 2nd gear then to third, then back to second it skips the rev limmiter and keeps on going. (in my 1.3 yaris)

And what did your last car die from?????

Guys i am pretty shaw that i have had 75mph in second and that was way before the red line the max i take it up to is 6000rpm but never driving it hard in all the gears i will try in 2nd and 3rd and let you know

i only done it twice onece by accident and the other on purpose to see if it would work. btw my last car dint die its still alive and kicking jus leaking lots of oil, was a mrk 2 golf 1.3.

So the engines have a black box to tell the garrage what you have been doing in your car. Isnt that a breach of the data protection act or do you sign sumthing in small print when you sign the warrenty?

If this is the case would it not be possible for the police to use the black box to convict you of a crime eg speeding? :eek:

Ok....

modding your car's performance.... good

cosmetically modding.... good

deliberately pushing the poor thing to the point of no return?.... why the hell would you want to?... :o

you should appreciate the car and look after it.... it is the one thing that would save your life in a crash, constant ragging and over revving the engine will create problems waiting to happen...

I would have thought people on here would have more sense...

*sigh

Guys i am pretty shaw that i have had 75mph in second and that was way before the red line the max i take it up to is 6000rpm but never driving it hard in all the gears i will try in 2nd and 3rd and let you know

impossible, the car stops accelerating at 69MPH in 2nd

So the engines have a black box to tell the garrage what you have been doing in your car. Isnt that a breach of the data protection act or do you sign sumthing in small print when you sign the warrenty?

If this is the case would it not be possible for the police to use the black box to convict you of a crime eg speeding? :eek:

It tell the garage what is wrong with the car.. what fault... -NOT- every single thing you do in your car right down to turning the A/C on or popping the cigarette lighter...

Its to make the car easier to fix by pinpointing the problems.... and believe me.. pushing the revs way over the limiter -IS- a problem.... namely the drivers

:angry:

cant believe im reading this!

Hello and welcome to the TOC boy racer forum, for those confused the aim is to rag the fluck out of the car they have to see if they can make it go faster in the little gears they have!

The ideas you are putting forward will be putting extra stress on components that arent ment to have that stress,why do you think they put stronger components on cars ment to be driven like that?

and your car is only new,so ment to be driven carefully untill everything is in working order. Its people like you who give young drivers a bad name and why people get cars where the engine goes within no time!

i just hope it goes bang on you and toyota tell you where to go you sad little boy, go buy a nova :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

RANT OVER

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links