Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Install Trouble With 6.5's In Rear Deck

ChangFest

Hi. I'm having trouble installing some new 6.5's for my 1995 (American) Corolla sedan. I have tried some speaker adapter plates that have not worked correctly. I'm wondering if anyone can help me (because this is my first time installing speakers) with advice as to how to securely mount these after market Speakers in the larger factory openings. If anyone knows what adapter plate actually works, or another way to put in these Speakers I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

I am taking a long shot here as do not know what your car looks like, but have build custom ice installs.

You could use super wood or even ply wood to make a nice base plate. this can also be covered in vinyl to match the colour of your interior, take your time doing the install and you will have a winner

hope i have helped you.

sounds the best bet.

can you upload an image of your car and what your having problems with.

Making custom enclosures shouldn't be too difficult and can look very nice if you make it with some style to it. some thin MDF will do the job nicely.

Kev

Yeah. I custom made plate adapters with some fiberboard I had laying around. It works out quite nicely. Thanks for the help though. I guess there aren't too many people installing after market Speakers for Corolla's considering there's no pre-made adapters in existance. :rolleyes:

I don't quite understand what the problem is. I installed 6½" Infinity Reference Speakers in my rear deck without a problem... They're the same size as the stock ones I replaced. I've got a '93 DX, but all '93-'97s are the same, unless yours only came with a 2-speaker radio from the factory... My Speakers originally came out of my brother's '97 Corolla CE.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links