Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Filling Up

Caz SR

Hi everyone,

I've just bought myself a second hand SR. Gorgeous little car. However, rather embarissingly I drove into the petrol station this morning to fill her up and realised I didn't have a clue how to open the fuel cap!!! :lol:

I bought it privately and didn't get a manual so I cannot look it up. I know this sounds pathetic but I don't want to break anything on her - please help!

Thank you

on my 2001 model - there is a little black lever by the driver seat on the floor at the front. lift up - opens up the fuel flap ! :thumbsup:

i have an 03 T-Spirit, the little lever is located on the right hand side of the drivers seat kinda on the floor, it should have a picture of a petrol pump on it

i have an 03 T-Spirit, the little lever is located on the right hand side of the drivers seat kinda on the floor, it should have a picture of a petrol pump on it

thats it, jst give it a lil tug upwards, job done

Yay - thanks so much - found it! I can go and put some petrol in her now. Felt so silly driving in, getting out then driving off the forecourt. I'm so used to driving my Corsa I didn't stop and think about it before I got there. Silly me!

Thanks again. I hope to take some pics later to put on this site - I've wanted a Yaris for ages and I finally have one.

I did the same thing mate! Althought i managed to find it after a couple of mins looking stupid!

I still cant get used to the petrol flap on the n/s

Every other car i've ever owned (thats 7 in total) have had it on the drivers side!

:thumbsup:

Hehe - glad I'm not the only one! This is my second car, been driving my Corsa for a year, so hopefully I'll adapt to the fuel side ok! Plus it means that for all those queues of cars at the garage, waiting for the right-hand pumps, I can drive by and fill up straight away! :thumbsup:

Yes you can. just drive it up so the back's level with the pump and the hose will reach the other side.

My favourite trick is getting out of the car, locking it and then going round to the filler cap only to find I haven't released it first. Arrgggh!

Let's face it, with a 1 litre, I don't get much practice at petrol stations! :thumbsup:

My favourite trick is getting out of the car, locking it and then going round to the filler cap only to find I haven't released it first. Arrgggh!

Thank goodness, I thought it was just me that did that!

You should try the diesel - 500 miles between fills. Wonderful!

A

I got my yaris sr on monday, and did the same thing. Pulled into the petrol station tinking that the fuel cap was on the drivers side. Felt so embarrassed as i had to et back in the car and drive over to the other side. :blink:

I hate some petrol stations where you cant pull out the hose

apparently that;s for safety....a lot of garages are changing the lenght of the hose...so it won't reach the other side if you went in ar5e about t1t.

But aye... having a pasenger side fuel cap..is great...you always get a good spot at the garage...whilst others queue up.

Vipes

This is my second car, been driving my Corsa for a year, so hopefully I'll adapt to the fuel side ok!

Don’t forget you have a little arrow near the fuel gauge showing you which side the fuel cap is located!

Just in case you have a mental block.

I always have to double check! :thumbsup:

This is my second car, been driving my Corsa for a year, so hopefully I'll adapt to the fuel side ok!

Don’t forget you have a little arrow near the fuel gauge showing you which side the fuel cap is located!

Just in case you have a mental block.

I always have to double check! :thumbsup:

The fiesta I had before Yaris had the petrol cap on the pass side so luckily I didnt have to get used to remembering the different side..gotta agree with Al that cos I also have a 1.0 I only have to go to get petrol every 2 weeks!!

That's excellent - hadn't noticed that on mine. Not 100% sure I've had to fill mine up yet - only had it since February though!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links