Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Autochanger

winky

I have had a Yaris for a month, and would like to add a cd autochanger to it. Mine only has a tape player, but will accept an Alpine chm s630 or a Sony CDX t69, so I have been informed (Unicar, Leeds). These are around £130 to £160 to buy and a further £80-£90 to have fitted. The question is how hard can it be. I am an electrician but have a great phobia with regard to stripping the dashboard apart.

what you need is an aftermarket headunit prices start from 100-3000 depending on what you want, do you really need tape? read the how to section for detailed information on stripping the car, as an electrician you will be fine

PS with a aftermarket headunit you will get better sounds, you dont need a changer, most headunit support MP3 or WMA

hi and welcome

its really easy to fit chap and if your a sparky youll have no probs!

ill say DIY as £90 cannot be justified for this job! i would expect no more than £20 for the job and it can be done in about 20mins (if you know what your doing!)

the dash board is easy to open and theres some good write ups on how to do so in the how to thread at the top of this forum

have a look through them and if your stuck or have any questions then give us a shout!

I am an electrician but have a great phobia with regard to stripping the dashboard apart.

You will have no probs mate - I know a fair bit about electrical stuff myself and was very afraid about taking the dash apart but it's just clipped in with some screws here and there (the guides explain it very well). Once you have it apart you will be amazing at how easy it's all put together :yes: I've already had mine apart twice!

I was told, again at Unicar that the changer goes under the passenger seat. does it go in the money tray, or will that be removed? Plus does the wiring loom go under the carpet on the transmission tunnel or around the sill of the passenger door?

Excellent site by the way. regards :thumbsup:

you could put it there(under the seat), in the glovebox or boot, simply feed the wire under the carpet where the foot wells are, you will need to remove the plasic trims(just pull them)

I can't get out of the !Removed! dash now...I've left all the screws out as im constantly messing with the wiring and stuff, when i first did it i was petrified, but once you've opened it up you will see how easy it really is!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links