Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noise at low speed

tahirawan11

Hi,

I have a Toyota Aygo 2009. It makes a noise when i am driving at slow speeds. But the noise goes away at higher speeds (above 30 km/h). The noise is coming from underneath the engine area.  The noise sounds like a bearing noise but not sure. I dont think it is from drive axle as i do not hear any noise when turning. Does anyone has any idea what part the noise could be coming from ?

Thanks

Hard to diagnose , could be anything. Water pump or alternator?  It must make the noise at idle, can you open the bonnet and take a quick video?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Here i have uploaded 3 videos. As you will see i cannot hear the the problem noise as the car is standing and not driving. The problem noise comes at random and only when driving. But based on this info. and video can we say which components are NOT the culprits. such as water pump , alternator etc ??

That's doesn't sound random, could be water pump or alternator on their way out. If it's done loads of miles could be timing chain. Water pump and alternator about £130 in parts and easy to change.

But it's a guess only.

OK, thanks for the quick reply but can you recommend to which part i should start to replace first?

around 207 000 km. i bought it 6 months ago with 200 000 km. I dont know what parts does the previous owner has changed? but i have changed the clutch plat at 205 000 km.

From experience it could be either the water pump (which looks original ) or the alternator.  Take the bumper off, slacken the aux belt and grab the water pump and alternator and see if there is play. My daughters sounded a lot worse and I mean LOT worse. 

I'd hate to advise wrongly.  Water pump eBay £35 and alternator £95. Easy to replace.

If you can view this , was my daughters 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/24957658485?view=permalink&id=10158072581033486

again many thanks, will start with replacing the water pump first 🙂

Check the condition of that radiator too while you are at it. 

It's hard to diagnose a noise  from video, you might have been better taking it to a garage. 

When you've done the pump run it first before you put the bumper  on. 

20200605_165117.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links