Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

LSD Differential

RCRD

Hello, my name is Ric.

I'm also in love with the iQ, it is such a cool nice poky little car.

But I have a question: Is there any way to get a LSD differential in one of these? I tried to find for a couple of days and didn't find a single thing.

Any info about this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ric

1.0 or 1.3 ? first step would be some decent tyres then a 4 wheel alignment (done on a rack)

Hey,

Apologies for the late reply.

I found something:

https://www.cusco.co.jp/search/en/index/detail/?make=TOYOTA&car=IQ&chassis=NGJ10&impreza=&category=lsd

The idea is to get one in a D4D iQ. Are any of these compatible? I assume the 6 speed manual gearbox is the same as the 1.33L engine?

On 9/10/2020 at 11:40 AM, flash22 said:

1.0 or 1.3 ? first step would be some decent tyres then a 4 wheel alignment (done on a rack)

I have that into consideration already mate. But having a LSD would be a major improvement as well. That's what I'm really looking forward to.

And thanks for the input by the way.

Best regards,

Ric

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ric,

I have not seen anyone do this with the iQ and the standard transmission. It may very well be possible and you just need to do quite a bit of legwork in terms of researching diff compatibility. Consider though that the iQ driveline was made specifically for the iQ to fit in the tight space available. 

This is also probably not the best forum for custom builds in terms of experience. Still, don't give up and have a look around other forums. Someone somewhere is bound to have tried it. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links