Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Should My First Mod Be?

swales_p

Now ive finially bought me mr2 turbo (Rev 2) im wondering what to mod 1st. Ive always gone for handling suspension brakes etc etc b4 upping the power of the car and was wondering what suspension and brakes people have used on their mr2 turbos when modding them. Im not interested in just springs as i want a full kit - preferably adjustables as im slapping 18's on the beast!!! Also im hopeing to finially have 300BHP behind the rear wheels and was wondering whether the standard brakes would be ok for this?

Cheers :thumbsup:

1 more question - why do people call turbo's tubbies? dont wanna sound daft but i mite as well learn the language at the beginning!! :D

1 more question - why do people call turbo's tubbies? dont wanna sound daft but i mite as well learn the language at the beginning!! :D

why not? :D

and congrats on the purchase... I dont know jack about springs and stuff.. but i know that a few peeps upgrade tot he rev 3 setup but then that wont suit your 18" rims..

what you got in mind?

if u want a perfect drop go for a nice set of coilovers. Bibbs has done this and looks & handles nice from what i've heard!

Will set u bak a fair wack as u prolly know, but i guess you get what you pay for.

Also they coilovers will help if u want massive rims on there.

-Z

I've got Cusco race spec coilovers .. and the regulars will tell you how solid my setup is.

I've also got grooved/drilled disks, trick pads and braided brake lines.

First mods should be good plugs, leads and dizzy/rotor arm .. make sure the electrics are okay ..

Then an FCD and Boost controller (MBC or EBC depending on cost) .. then a filter and exhaust to get it sounding right ..

I''ve got Koni adjustables and Eibach -50 springs, and it looks great and handles even better (despite having 205's on the back). :D

mr2.jpg

I''ve got Koni adjustables and Eibach -50 springs, and it looks great and handles even better (despite having 205's on the back). :D

mr2.jpg

that doesn't look anything like -50 mines -40 ands lots lower

Tiz -50. Says so on the kit that was fitted. Tiz also low enough, and hard enough! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links