Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help how to use a usb stick

65mike

Greetings i am new to the toyota sight but not new to the toyota family as i usual live on the Lexus site.😊

My question is my mother has just brought a new brand new 2020 Aygo today it has the Apple play on it.

Alas she does not have a mobile phone so i got a 16gb usb stick and tried formatting it to exfat and another format cannot remember which one.

I use a Apple mac computer do not have Windows equipment but took the time to put cd’s on the mac then dragged them to the usb stick tried the stick in the car and said unrecognised usb stick why what have i done wrong😩

Can someone advise me please all help much appreciated as i am pulling what’s left off my hair out now.😒

Why do they not leave / put cd changers in cars much easier for those who do not have mobile phones.😶

Thanks 65mike

No idea why your usb stick is not playing the music. But usb over cd is the way to go. You can get thousands of tracks on a usb, now many cd’s would that be. Also, I would imagine the number of new car buyers now that need a driver player is very few, so why must everyone have to pay the cost for something they not likely to use. I have had my Prius for over two years and I don’t think I used the cd once, all my music is on a single usb stick, about 1200 tracks,  an play as album or artist or just random.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 65mike said:

Greetings i am new to the toyota sight but not new to the toyota family as i usual live on the Lexus site.😊

My question is my mother has just brought a new brand new 2020 Aygo today it has the Apple play on it.

Alas she does not have a mobile phone so i got a 16gb usb stick and tried formatting it to exfat and another format cannot remember which one.

I use a Apple mac computer do not have Windows equipment but took the time to put cd’s on the mac then dragged them to the usb stick tried the stick in the car and said unrecognised usb stick why what have i done wrong😩

Can someone advise me please all help much appreciated as i am pulling what’s left off my hair out now.😒

Why do they not leave / put cd changers in cars much easier for those who do not have mobile phones.😶

Thanks 65mike

You may have made a mistake, when you downloaded the songs.

USB needs to be formatted as FAT32 and contain music as MP3 files 

• Like 2

After thinking about this I just come back on to suggest formatting the usb as Fat32 and Devon Aygo had already said it. Try it.

Also, I have an iMac and find it difficult to transfer music to a usb. I don’t think it’s as simple as “took the time to put cd’s on the mac then dragged them to the usb stick”. I have ditched using the iMac and gone back to using Windows PC (and  Windows laptop), though keep using my iPad. I find Windows so much easier to use.

• Like 1

CDs or downloads on a Mac will likely not be MP3 but possibly MP4, there are several converters available online.

I use both PC and MacBook but always rip my music on the PC into 320kbps MP3 and then add them onto iTunes on my PC and music on my MacBook - then I can copy them onto SD cards or USB sticks for my non-CarPlay vehicle and onto my iPhone for CarPlay and AirPlay.

I only really know Windows PCs and know that MP3 format will work. Either ask someone with a windows PC/laptop to do it, or splash out on a basic smartphone that's compatible with Apple car play.

Greetings😎

Thanks for all the info i will have another go at this at the weekend and let you know how i got on.
I don’t know what you all think but the handbook is a bit light on info regarding the car.

Iam used to a nice thick one with all info i was told you can download it by toyota they also said they would send me one so i have plumped for this option.😊

If all else fails it should make a nice door stop in the home.:thumbsup:

65mike:driving:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links