Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo door locking system safety

Radia

Hi, I have been an owner of a semi-automatic Aygo 2016 for over a year. Recently I had 2 break-ins within 2 months. The thief got into the car without causing any damage. I contacted Toyota about the safety of the Aygo locking system. They state they never received reports of this nature and theIr vehicles meet the global security standards. I want to challenge them but I first need to know if other Aygo owners have ever had the same experience. 
thanks
radia

Moved to the Aygo club.

Whatever views may be expressed via these forums, you aren't able to quote using Toyota Owners Club as a resource.

Aside from the above it is a security issue rather than safety.

• Like 1

I did have a previous break in with my last mk1 Aygo, had issues with the remote key fob not locking her properly (checked by toyota and key Battery replaced), but still had issues, so always had to double check. One night, I'd popped out for petrol, and came back forgetting to check, and sods law somebody had a look and took the dash cam and tom tom sat nav connection.

I've had one mk2 aygo since, and had no trouble with remote key locking, and no break ins. Had my second mk2, and no issues either.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links