Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pulled By The Fuzz And Breathalised...

wlsmith

As you all probably know by now my car is lacking a front end... so the coppers thought they would pull me over, saying the car was dangerous, even though i cant see why as i removed all of the various threats of sharp edges, but he still told me, if i went into a person, they would get impaled by my headlight which happens to have a crack in it, they then sat me down in their car in the back and locked the doors on me, they then asked for my insurance details, which i told them I left at home in my house, so i have to present these within the next 7 days or god knows that they will do to me, but luckily ive got the details etc and its all legit., then they thought they would breathalise me... due to me "committing" a road offence, cheeky buggers! lol, but am still allowed to drive my car around, so all in all I couldn't see the point of it all, thought it was a bit of a waste of my time, but spose they were concerned so fair enough, anyway Toyota havent phoned me back yet with regards to when my car is going in for repair..., they ought to hurry up about it... don't think i could handle getting pulled over copper after copper, asking me the same questions..

Anyway, anyone else got any stories of what happened to them when they were pulled over by the fuzz, in the yaris?.

when i wrecked mine i was breath tested

youll find its standard issue at a roadside crash these days

i passed by the way! even before the nights previous drinkin! (which i wont go into!)

id been drinking the night before... and i passed too, but the crash was like 2 weeks ago, they just thought they would randomly pull me over!

hey, i got caught racing, which of course i dont condon, what can i say i was 18 and immature, im now 19 and much more mature lol, they chased me and pulled me over, had the breathaliser which ofcourse i passed, i was unlucky cos they were traffic police, and also that they pulled me over not the car i was racing, got a fine and 3 points on my licence

cant get another 3 until january cos i havent been driving 2 years yet, best thing that could of happend to me, i now drive like a saint

Worst thing that happened to me was I got caught by SPECs cameras on the M62 doing 72mph in a drop down to 50.. *sigh

3.00 in the mornin

went to go thru a car park as a short cut an realised it was closed for building so i carried on an thought ill turn round but there was a car behind so i kept going so did the car i pulled over so did the car then some bright white lights shone on the top of my car from on top of the car behind i looked round an it was the police, he checked my tints an sed there illegal an i must change my exhaust but thing is he let me keep my tints dint breathalise me or check my tyres etc, or give me a producer or make me take my car 2 an MOT station to get exhaust checked so i still drive the as it was to this day,

how pointless

Was having one of those days where ur runnin around doing loads of chores, finnished and was heading bac from uni to my uni house, was in bit of a rush as was late for my mates bbq :P ended up pulling out of a junction fiarly quickly, as i turned into the new road cops where queing at lights, decided to turn around and chase me after me :angry: obviously pulled over str8 away im a good lad u know :P

aparently id been speeding, like hell how would he know he was at front of que so couldnt have seen me aft i passsed him ( i wasnt btw) jst raged outa junction in 1st grear, and quickly changed down to 4th and kept in speed limit, anways jude my actions and assumed id carry on speeding so he pulled me

Goes through the whole lets have ur liscens, do u have any points blah blah, ended up jst giving me a warning and to drive more carefully on the streets and if i wanna be silly and rag it go out onto the motorway

worse thing was i was pulled 10 houses down from mine, which was outside my mates, him being the ploker he is was sitting waving out the window at me while im talking 2 copper, finding it halarious that id been pulled :ffs:

Like where do I start!!! How about the time when I was just turned 18 and decided to drive into Newcastle to go clubbing with a few friends. On leaving the car park I paid the attendent as we left their was a few ladies standin around and my mates being drunk decided to shout a few comments for a laugh. As it was my first time in this area of town I ended up getting a bit lost. I noticed some headlights in my rear view then came the lights.

I stepped out of the car to speak with officers and was very polite at all times, although I was very nervous.

The officers then went to town on me, first of accused me of running a redlight, which I did'nt. Depite protesting my inocence I was told that would be three points and a fine. I was them told I was going to done for "curb crawling". At this point I was starting to get worried. The thought of the humiliation telling my parents was unbearable!!! The officers then started interogating my mates saying "i bet you lot take drugs", then accused me of taking drugs. They asked to see my driving license which was in my pocket in a plastic wallet, as I pulled it from my pocket the plastic blew off down the road. The officers then advised me to pick it up or I would be done for littering the streets aswell!! By this point I felt sick, thinking I'm going to be lucky if I ever drive again!. Then, my luck changed. I heard their radio go and they received an urgent call, jumped in their car with the lights going and just sped off, leaving me confused as to wether I was actually in trouble or not!! Three anxious weeks passed and nothing ever came of it!!!

That whole experience has left me mentally scarred and very suspicious of the law!!!!!!!

i got pulled tonight at the cruise, they were going to check my front window tints with the little machine tester thingy :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

.....but it broke they had to let me go :lol::lol::lol:

quality i thought :thumbsup:

Heh I got pulled for the lamest thing...

On one of my first days of driving my and my mates were at a large entertainment complex (cinema bowling etc). Coming out of the car park I had forgotten to put my headlights on and so got a flash from the car coming the other way. This was a police car. Then we both drew up to the same sloping bit of junction next to each other, my mates p :censor: g themselves with laughter and the cops giving us a dodgy look. Then I stalled it LOL

Went on a few yards and the police put on their lights and I pulled over infront of hundreds of people coming out of the complex I was questioned, vehicle reg checked and the car checked over. I wasnt brethalised.

They were just on the look out for joy riders but it was unnerving for me and highly ammusing for my mates LOL

Heh I got pulled for the lamest thing...

On one of my first days of driving my and my mates were at a large entertainment complex (cinema bowling etc). Coming out of the car park I had forgotten to put my headlights on and so got a flash from the car coming the other way. This was a police car. Then we both drew up to the same sloping bit of junction next to each other, my mates p :censor: g themselves with laughter and the cops giving us a dodgy look. Then I stalled it LOL

Went on a few yards and the police put on their lights and I pulled over infront of hundreds of people coming out of the complex I was questioned, vehicle reg checked and the car checked over. I wasnt brethalised.

They were just on the look out for joy riders but it was unnerving for me and highly ammusing for my mates LOL

was that at the xscape sounds likes my place...

anyway i been followed by coppers for my blue headlights, they didnt stop me tho.... they did follow me for ages tho, just to make sure i didnt have uilllegal stuff on....

I turn my neons off of course!

I don't believe it, was on my way home passed a cop car, the *****s followed me all the way home to outside my house, then said my car shouldnt be on the road, and they are notifiying all the police in the area to be on look out for my car, if i get pulled over again i am to get charged and fined, they also said that my car has to be fixed in 14 days, however its not my !Removed! fault my insurance company is taking ages to sort out the !Removed! thing.... and i need my car to get around in, pulled over again thats the 2nd time in 3 !Removed! days..not having a good week

been pulled a few times and breathalised and questioned about speed....

only thing I can say is good on them, rather they stop people and throw the book art everyone over the limit, if you D&D which I'm sure noone here agrees with anyway isnt it better that the muppets get taken off the road asap...

i'ld rather the check were made than someone i know or care about gets killed.....

Worst thing that happened to me was I got caught by SPECs cameras on the M62 doing 72mph in a drop down to 50.. *sigh

Is that the bit by the big chimneys???? were they are doing the road works.

Surely it is up to you how soon you fix your car. Obviously it should be off the road if it is dangerous but you could always make a water feature out of it or something, they cant MAKE you fix it in 14 days.

im trying my best to get it fixed, its just Norwich Union is taking !Removed! ages to come and view the damage before it can go off to the garage

My story regarding the police...is making sure that I lean on my horn big time..everytime a police car/bike fails to indicate, or pulls some stupid stunt.

Happened the other day...following a police car to work..approaching a rounadabout..which is notoriious for people cutting accross it. Ie it's a dual lane width roundabout...left is for left and straigh ahead...right lane is for turning right.

Copper in the left lane..me in the right...indicating very early on...copper cuts right accross the roundabout in front of me.... well..the horn got some testing I can tell you.....funny thing was...two other cars gave a couple of " toots" in approval.

Police may be there to uphold road safety amougst other things...but if you watch em... they commit dozens of offences.

Vipes

Is that the bit by the big chimneys???? were they are doing the road works.

I got caught on the M62 around the junction of Middleton and Heywood.... not sure about chimneys :P it was definately in Motorway roadworks tho...

SPECs were also put on the M6 just south of Warrington over roadworks there and I believe are still in operation over Thellwall Viaduct...illuminated with pink neon... how tasteful :P

Most people were seeing the cameras and slamming out the anchors... me? I know better now...and continue at speed limit through those... I reckon loads of people got caught around there.

Dont get me wrong.. Im not really a girl racer... I like to be quick off the mark at lights n stuff and I do like to go fast on the motorway.. but Im never silly about it... I try to stick between 80-90mph on a good clear day on M-way.. which is usually with the flow of traffic.

Dont get me wrong.. Im not really a girl racer... I like to be quick off the mark at lights n stuff and I do like to go fast on the motorway.. but Im never silly about it... I try to stick between 80-90mph on a good clear day on M-way.. which is usually with the flow of traffic.

Yip! I can see that outlook on driving..

I've only been stopped once, and that was in France and "just because they could" at a random check. I was in a rented 206 (yuk - nasty asthmatic little car) and the worst they could come up with was that the guy in the back wasn't wearing his seatbelt and that I'd left my driving license in the hotel room...

I wish I'd been less mervous, quicker off the mark and not spoken French... :(

Cheers,

A

I had been pulled once for having my front fog lights on. I passed the copper with them on (at a roundabout). I then turned them off and the cops were behind me. They were swerving around the back of me to see if they were still on. They waited a bit then decided to show me the lights and pull me over. When they did, they didn't even bother getting out of the car, so you got the impression that they just wanted to flex their authoritive muscles. Asked me the sarcastic question of was it foggy where I came from, etc, etc. Then finished off with giving me a warning. The thing is everybody switched their fogs on in my area, that they even said: 'look, I know that it is fasionable to switch your fogs on, but I can actually give you a ticket for that'. I just gave them a courteous apology and they sped off.

I've never been stopped, but one of my mates got done for racing years ago. He was actually driving to a family barbecue in his mums car, following his sister. The police car had noticed the two cars sticking together so pulled him over. They started accusing him of speeding to impress the girl in the first car, and when he laughed at them and said 'that's my sister!' and that he hadn't actually even got near to 30, the policeman decided to do him for racing. I know loads of people that have been let off though too - it's like with any job I suppose - some of them are complete :censor:s!

ehhh I was doing 100mph all the way from dublin to lisburn dunno how many speed cameras I went through :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links