Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Would you buy an Aygo with only partial service records?

Cal5028

Hello

I've eyed out a nice late 2015 Aygo with the folding roof. It looks and drives great, very nippy car with good handling. There are not too many Aygos with foldable roofs in the colour I like so I would really like to buy it. 

It has had most services (and brakes and other good things) done. I have paperwork for three oil changes from late 2015 and until now with all being performed at correct intervals regarding kilometers driven (15000 km / 30000 km / 47000 km) and the car only has around 50.000 km (30.000 miles). However, it did go more than a year between these changes. The first oil change was just around a year late (so 2 years between oil change) and the most recent oil change was around 4 months late. 

Would this be an issue or should I buy it and use the slightly missing services as a negotiation point? It's black with black roof and I just really want that. It drives perfectly well so I'm very tempted and it did get the oil changed on the correct kilometer intervals. Yes or no?

Hello
I've eyed out a nice late 2015 Aygo with the folding roof. It looks and drives great, very nippy car with good handling. There are not too many Aygos with foldable roofs in the colour I like so I would really like to buy it. 
It has had most services (and brakes and other good things) done. I have paperwork for three oil changes from late 2015 and until now with all being performed at correct intervals regarding kilometers driven (15000 km / 30000 km / 47000 km) and the car only has around 50.000 km (30.000 miles). However, it did go more than a year between these changes. The first oil change was just around a year late (so 2 years between oil change) and the most recent oil change was around 4 months late. 
Would this be an issue or should I buy it and use the slightly missing services as a negotiation point? It's black with black roof and I just really want that. It drives perfectly well so I'm very tempted and it did get the oil changed on the correct kilometer intervals. Yes or no?
Use it as a bargaining tool then do service change oil and filter twice

Sent from my RCT6613W23PU using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Service intervals are 12 months or 15,000km Europe (10,000 miles UK), whichever occurs first. 

This means that your Aygo should have been serviced on the annual basis rather than the distance basis. So it is actually missing two services.

The 1.0 litre engine has a timing chain so regular oil changes are important to prevent timing chain issues in the future - so for this car there is a risk factor as the service intervals haven't been adhered to.

• Like 1

I will call Toyota to. ask if they have any service records that were not stamped in the book. I don't hear any chain rattle even on cold start, but I get what you mean. It drives perfectly well and it just had its most recent service done (under 3000 km since) so it's just very tempting. Even has the equipment I like and has many other things done (brakes, wipers, etc)

I'd just factor extra things to service into the purchase price, but it sounds like a good buy to me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links