Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Induction Kit Vs Trd Air Filter

milka

Ive be reading the forums and still havn't come to a definate conclusion :unsure:

I have a 1.0 yaris looking to spend no more then £200

- Induction kit if so which one [K & N, Apexi Power, HKS , Blitz ]

or

- Standard Box with panel filter if so which one [ K & N or TRD ]

finally if i keep the standard box do i need to redirect cold air? or drill holes into it?

I want to be able to fit it myself if possible and therefore the simplest option might be the best for me

- thanks -

Extremely simplest option will be a panel filter. IE the K&N one simply replaces your stock air filter.

I think you should get an apexi induction kit from envyperformance.com though for a louder sound and more performance :)

I think you would much better off with an induction kit although with the 1.0l you are not going get any noticable power gain with either option. The induction kit will look great under the bonnet and give you that nice induction sound :thumbsup:

With the induction kit you will probably get slightly better throttle response but it's not gonna anything amazing! Imo the Apexi power intake is the best filter around but I think Ryan couldn't make it fit on the 1.0l Yaris...

That top bloke, Kevin from Envy Performance has got a solution: Clicky :thumbsup:

hey guys I found this while surfing clicky!, im pretty sure it will fit as it states at the top but im not to sure about the performance.. still its a good 50 quid cheaper then the Greddy Airinx B Type and i think that will leave me enuff to get a strut brace too! :D wot do u reckon?

Looks good, dont think i know any1 whos fitted that 1 so i cant comment on how good the that make is, performance wise ur not really going 2 notice a chnage, max looking at couple bhp, main reason for an upgrade to a induction kit is for sound and filteration, sound mainly :D we all like a nice growl :D

i mite be able to get TRD induction kits for the 1.0l soon similar to the HKS one for the 1.0l is has a nice shiny pipe across engine an gets rid of airbox and wil definatley be under 200 quid

Got any pictures of that TRD induction kit?

And do they do it for the 1.3 SR aswell?

Yeah the APEX'i doesn't fit on the 1 litre and don't bother gettin a Pipercross 1 as it will cause problems a few months down the line!

I'm goin 4 the GReddy 1 once i get sum funds together!

Cheers :thumbsup:

cant get pics til bout a months time, its not available yet u see, and it will only fit facelift 1.3's, not the ones the apexi fits if im rite,

Sounds good Lee, would be interestin to see wot its like! U gettin 1 4 the 1 litre?

Nice look 4ward to it, saves ur Pipercross from falling off!

Greddy induction kit a bit on the expensive side maybe a group buy? im game if u guys are! :)

You'll not get much power gains from a one liter. Better progress can be made from minor mods to your suspension. you will be pleasantly surprised how much a 15" wheels/springs does to the handling potential of the car.

Hmm .. i wanna get the Apexi kit for my 1.3 SR .. but heard they dont fit as well as a T-Sport?

Anyone care to shed some light on why??

Cheers

the TRD induction kit for the 1.0l that im gettin is fairly cheap an looks the nuts so its worth it just cuz it looks bling!

Hi yaris-nut I my self have a SR 2001 model which i have fitted an apexi induction kit it fits straight on if your engine type is 2NZ/FE I do beleave that it is a sleaved down Tsport lump

Hay wen u get some pics of the trd induction kit and some price info pm me im intrested!

Hi yaris-nut I my self have a SR 2001 model which i have fitted an apexi induction kit it fits straight on if your engine type is  2NZ/FE I do beleave that it is a sleaved down Tsport lump

Yeah .. mine is the 2NZ/FE engine.

Cheers for that Steve! Guess i'm getting the Apexi then! :D

nice 1 I got mine from kevin from ENVY i think it was about £90 odd quid that was with a group bye

Ahh .. shame there aint no group buy on it no more, cos its £120 on the website.

Anyone want to start another group buy on the Apexi kit!?? :D :thumbsup:

hey guys... was thinking of getting a TRD air filter for my 1.0L.

will this make any difference in sound at all?

will this make any difference in performance at all?

will it make ANY difference at all?

any idea of cost ?

The cheapest place I found was here, Clicky here to see .Around £55 however if you happen to have a nice friend in Hong Kong, there going for around £35 as the pound is strong. However K&N are doing similar kits for alot less, caution on not using to much oil on these filters as they can mess with your afm however they are very good. Clicky here to see

Apart from improved throttle response the main advantage of the kit is, actaully saving you money in the long run, as this air filter will last the life of your car therefore no more 10 quid a time replacements, every couple of thousand miles. Also the level of filtration is very good, in the long run it is better for your engine.

Sound wise some people on the forum have modded there airboxs by drilling holes :blink:clicky here to see Apparently it does make the engine sing a nice tune at high revs, however unless you know what your doing and have no more plans to sell the car, or can get hold of another airbox i don't recommend this :crybaby: Letting hot air from the engine into the airbox defeats the object of the cold air feed really.

any more question pm me - matt-

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links