Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Horn- Aygo 2005

douglasblack5

Hi, can anyone advise which one is the horn relay in engine compt, fuse is ok and can't hear any clicking when pressing horn. Don't want to have to pull bumper if not neccessary. Can't see this configuration on any internet sites and don't have owners manual

Many thanks

Dougie

IMG_20201004_125554_1.jpg

I've had a look in my Haynes, and it's left me confused!

In the diagram and description of the engine compartment fusebox, R2 (the white box on the left in your photo) is described as "air conditioning relay",

but, in the smaller diagram detailing the horn circuit it shows F9 and R2 in the engine room fusebox as part of the horn circuit.

I can't really show you the diagrams, I believe Haynes are very much on top of copyright infringement and would sue both me and the website if I did!

I don't know if this will help, but it might point you in the right direction!

Can't even find relays in engine bay !!  lol

i may be thinking of another Toyota - passenger side near the head light

i will look it up.

Here you go.................

https://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/toyota/aygo/554-2005-2014-toyota-aygo-ab10-fuse-box-diagram.html

it's a simple circuit, 1 power feed to both sides of the relay horn switch is on the negative side as control

do you have a airbag light on, or notice it flash when steering the clockspring aka spiral cable is likely to be the culprit (don't buy cheap Chinese junk off eBay)

20 hours ago, flash22 said:

i may be thinking of another Toyota - passenger side near the head light

i will look it up.

Here you go.................

https://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/toyota/aygo/554-2005-2014-toyota-aygo-ab10-fuse-box-diagram.html

it's a simple circuit, 1 power feed to both sides of the relay horn switch is on the negative side as control

do you have a airbag light on, or notice it flash when steering the clockspring aka spiral cable is likely to be the culprit (don't buy cheap Chinese junk off eBay)

Thanks, yes airbag light is flashing, when you say clockspring/spiral cable do you mean yellow cable from squib to airbag ?

21 minutes ago, douglasblack5 said:

Thanks, yes airbag light is flashing, when you say clockspring/spiral cable do you mean yellow cable from squib to airbag ?

Tried ordering one from breakers yard and will see how that goes, cheers.

It's the bit behind the wheel, make sure it's the correct one for your car according to the EPC it should be 84306-0H010 - that's the front part the rear part (clips together) is the steering angle sensor

image.png.d3581f1961174f0ee4e1b0ac5ae401

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links