Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sub

Yaris-SR-1986

Hi, iv just put a JBL 12 inch sub in the car and when i turn up the volume i get a rattling sound from the boot panel. i think its the window wiper motor cause when i open the boot the rattle stops and when its closed it rattles like :censor: does any of ur cars do it? and is there a way of stopping it?

thanks

nope not noticed anything with mine, my wiper tends to vibrate like hell, but then doesnt really make a noise, take off panneling and check ev things secure and nothing needs tightening, sorry all i can think off, best of luck tho :thumbsup:

thanks mate i take the panel off in the moring and c if it will sort it out. is it easy 2 take of the panel in the boot will those rivits just pull out?

not to sure about the actual panneling within the boot itself, od bits pull out which u can see fairly easily, on the boot lid itselft its jst push clips that hold it within place :thumbsup:

thanks mate i let u know if it sorts it out. was that alpine sub like the one in ur car?

:thumbsup:

which alpine, u lost me :blink: im so tired, startin 2 get confused, never a good sign, think ill go get some sleep :D

in ur profile it says u got a alpine E sub. i was goin 2 get a alpine but money trouble. is that sub real punchy or bassy

sorry im with u now, um yea its 2 bad to be fair, quite a lot of bass, im happy with it, goes well with the 6x9s as the sub obviuosly now taken over bass they provide some good rear mid and high

face the sub towards the window, to ruduce the rattle

if its a loud sub that wont really work vmail!

yaris sr i know exactly what it is, its the boot lock! my mates pug 306 does it! its the metal latch thingy

boot lock wiper motor,all plastic pannels and the license plate will all rattle,best thing to do is buy some dynamat sound deadening and also pack the enpty space with foam like behind plastic pannels etc,i have everything vibrating at the minute from mine,even the door cards

my sub just got louder the otha day :D im a student so a made me own sub box when a first got the idea, was a canny good stab at it! but the bass from sub made it all loose, lol! finally bought one the other day after bout 3months! propper sub box from Halfords, very good box, i no longer have to face the sub into the car to feel the bass :D

I found out it was sumthing 2 do with the spare wheel. i think its the metal from the spare wheel vibrating against the bodywork. and its there any other way 2 sound proof the car with out using dynamat cause that suff well expensive.

may not help that much, may find still rattles, n sound profings jst gonna be more hassel, bodge job it and stick some stuff down there 2 stop it vibrating ie inbetween metal and bodywork if poss

lol. yeah theres only rattles where the spare wheel is. rest off the car sounds find. i probably just fine sum old material to sort it out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links