Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Tough Is The Yaris

fazzy

Hi all,

first of all i very occasionally take my car to the max (once every few weeks sometimes months :( i share the car) and put ma foot down and rev up to 4-5500 as apposed to my normal max of 2500 rpm. Drive as fast as possible for about 5-10 till i get it out of ma system.

What damage does it do to ma 1.4 diesel (with turbocharger) so it does beat folk? and what will happen if you constantly do it more and more.

Does anyone have any technical answers etc It is just that i feel bad when i over do my car , lovin the yaris :D

Cheers :thumbsup:

Second thing is, has anyone got stories of how tough the yaris is, i.e how long you manage to drive it for without fault, what is the highest mileage folk have and is it still ok? What proud moments have you had, what other cars are you proud of beating etc

Cheers

iv pushed mine to limits b4!!! as in 1st gear of 1L yaris upto 33mph, 2nd gear upto 50/60mph!! i dont do this often, jus wen a wana give ppl stick wen they fly past me and think they can cruise past me! quite funny wen they look round and c u passing them!!! then tellin em its a 1L

the odd thrash wont damage the engine, in fact beleive it or not it will do it some good! helps to ensure oil and fluids are flowing in the correct direction. Dont do it all the time obviously or then you will cause damage!

As nobody's volenteered (sp?) mileages - I had my old one at 48,000 in 2 1/2 years with quite a lot of thrashing and a couple of "1st car dunts" and it performed perfectly. Every time I checked the oil I wondered why I was bothering and it was always golden...

I love my diesel one and do run it quite hard quite often during overtaking manoeuvers and for extended periods on trunk roads and motorways. The only difference that I've found in its day-to-day maintenance is that you do need to top up the oil between services ( :eek: ). I also try not to mash the throttle until the blue light is off and to the let the engine tick over for a couple of minutes at idle after long runs and hard driving (just like it says in the manual) to let the turbo cool before switching off.

I'm hoping that this sort of daily care will lessen the chances of any problems and I'm expecting at least 50-odd thousand trouble-free miles before I change cars...

Cheers,

A

PS I must cheer myself up by working out my average consumption over the last couple of thousand miles... :bookworm:

PPS Love the avatar Rob!

im gonna get a 1.0l Badge on mine cuz people seem to think my cars slow cuz they all reckon its a 1.3-1.6,

owned mine for over 2 years done 30,000 miles all from new, running 20BHP more than standard and change gear at 6,000 RPM daily usually change at around 4k if im chilling........not blown up yet even the ctutch is still working :ph34r:

seems pretty tough to me :thumbsup:

*tempting fate me thinks :P

owned mine for over 2 years done 30,000 miles all from new, running 20BHP more than standard and change gear at 6,000 RPM daily usually change at around 4k if im chilling........not blown up yet even the ctutch is still working :ph34r:

seems pretty tough to me :thumbsup:

*tempting fate me thinks :P

change gear at 6,000 RPM daily :eek:

And here was me worrying about changing at 4,000 on the odd occasion and hoping I haven’t done any damage!!

My theory was that the rev counter goes to 8,000 so the odd 4,000 change would be OK!!

Normal driving is between 2/3,000 change :thumbsup:

i hope mine blows up soon :lol:

give me a good excuse to bung something better in there! :rolleyes:

owned mine for over 2 years done 30,000 miles all from new, running 20BHP more than standard and change gear at 6,000 RPM daily usually change at around 4k if im chilling........not blown up yet even the ctutch is still working  :ph34r:

seems pretty tough to me  :thumbsup:

*tempting fate me thinks  :P

change gear at 6,000 RPM daily :eek:

And here was me worrying about changing at 4,000 on the odd occasion and hoping I haven’t done any damage!!

My theory was that the rev counter goes to 8,000 so the odd 4,000 change would be OK!!

Normal driving is between 2/3,000 change :thumbsup:

i do admit my engine wont last as long driving like this, but it is wonderfully loose with no flat spots :D

and im on the same wavelength as jaxx, as soon as it goes bang i got a reason to but something different in :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links