Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plan For A New Audio System

CanadaYaris

Alright. So today I replaced the dash Speakers in my car with nice new Infinity ones. Next weekend I'll be putting my 6 1/2 inch Infinity Speakers into the door panels, really not looking forward to cutting away at those panels!!! But here is my current plan for the sound system in my car...Give me some thoughts here too..input is always nice.

3.5 inch Infinity Speakers, mounted in dash

6.5 inch Infinity speakers mounted in passenger and driver door

6.5 inch Infinity Component speakers in the rear boot cover (the one behind rear seats)

Fusion FCD-240 Head Unit

Fusion FE-402 Amplifier (mounted in the hole in the boot, meant for spare tyre)

2xFusion FEW-10, one mounted into boot around the rear wheel on each side

So that's what I have in store for my little Yaris, now I just have to wait to get the head unit..everything else is already here!!!!! :hokus-pokus: :hokus-pokus:

sounds good mate

you can mount the door Speakers behind the original panels as long as you are careful of the mounting depth so they dont hit the windows when the come down

how much were the infinity components for the dash Speakers and front door Speakers?.... I am thinking of making my set complete when I can get some cash together.

Sounds like a good setup, wish i had the cash! :(

Cheers :thumbsup:

Okay for the speaker info:

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/pr...Ser=KAP&Cat=MEL

That one is the Dash speaker. The Car has a 4" in there stock, so I modded the hole for a 3.5" to fit.

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/pr...Ser=KAP&Cat=MEL

That is the speaker that is going into the door panels. I can either leave the panel stock or I can mount the snazzy Infinity Grille if I cut it open...hmmmm what to do?

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/pr...Ser=KPE&Cat=COS

That is the component system that I'll be putting into the rear of the car..more cutting.

The whole speaker purchase cost me about 1000 dollars Canadian, I'm installing them myself so I'm saving a bit there. But the audio system as a whole including the head unit/amp/2 10" subs, will be around another 1000 dollars, so 2k in total invested....it had better sound good for that kinda money.

:thumbsup:

it does not matter, just use a spacer on top of the old one and you should be fine

Well..bad news. The Fusion dealer is now telling me that the head unit that I want is on BACKORDER!! Funny, he failed to mention that when I gave him the money for it. That aside I've decided to go with a JVC KD-G800 instead. Anyone know someone with this particular headunit?

if its on "BACKORDER" it should take upto 5 days longer to arrive

that headunit looks ok, does MP3/WMA, 4v output, 4x50W

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links