Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Intake / Filter

rockycho

Hi,

I guess this had been asked a million times before already but please allow me. I am going to get some new air intake / filter kit. I've been looking at the K&N filter. Can you please give me a quick thumbs up or down for this choice. Also, I may be going for the whole intake kit rather than just the filter. Would it be justified solely on a cost vs. performance comparison?

Thanx

ur prob gonna get a panel filter rite? wel if you do take off the standard feed pipe and make up a custom cold air feed to go to the box and then uve got urself a good new induction system!

Oh ok. I forgot u have a 1.3L engine, really man, adding a filter won't make such a big difference to that engine...

rocky

you wanna get in touch with Alex the JDM_partsguru

he has his only place out in HK called Dyna Autosport

should be able to help you out no end!

Cool, I'll check out Dyna Autosport. Actually, I sneaked out during lunch today and got my hands on some PIAA lights and a TRD filter. :D

Cool, I'll check out Dyna Autosport. Actually, I sneaked out during lunch today and got my hands on some PIAA lights and a TRD filter. :D

Ooh .. how much did that TRD filter cost you? And is it just the replacement panel filter?

Cos i've recently seen this TRD cone filters on eBay, but doesnt look like the whole induction kit though. Quite cheap though ... just wondering if anyone has come across these before?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...2485019450&rd=1

Just the replacement filter. The guy at the garage said the police is being troublesome lately and it's best not to waste the money. The filter cost HK$500 so this translate to GBP34.84.

heard a few people with problems with wet filters as the oil comes of and fries the temperature monitor, best of gettin the trd one or a dry filter the k&n one is wet.

heard a few people with problems with wet filters as the oil comes of and fries the temperature monitor, best of gettin the trd one or a dry filter the k&n one is wet.

Well sed that man!

It buggered my MAF (air flow meter) so ur better 2 go with a dry 1 mate!

Cheers :thumbsup:

I got a Yaris 1.00 and have had a back box and tail pipe also have had a kn filter put in made no difference to the performance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links