Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My Car Back

Markturbo

Got my car back today after the second turbo rebuild in two months :huh:

but when i picked it up they told me when the turbo broke and metal shavings went everywhere they cleaned all the pipe work out and the intercooler but they said i should prey because they can't tell me whether its done any permanent engine damage :(

so they said do a 100 miles not boosting it on full all the time, then after a couple hundred miles give an oil and filter change then just hope for the best that the engine lasts is this true what they are saying or does anyone think they are far fetched

I can see what they are saying if there are metal bits in the intake ..

If they clean the pipework it *should* be okay ..

well i am hoping i only had the car not even three months and all this has gone wrong surely i can't have anymore bad luck

but still going JAE hopefully on saturday the company who sorted my car out is GBH motorsport with the mental skyline and gold supra so they know what they are doing

I *think* thay are just warning you ..

The oil chould collect all the fine metal bits and a new filter will also help ..

I think (as all good companies should) they are telling you the truth and giving you a caution ..

so personally do you tink i should worry bout it or just see what happens

Without stripping the engine and cleaning every bit of it .. I'd not bother ..

I'd change the oil now, again in a few 100 miles, and then a feww hundred after that ..

Also use a "flushing oil" as well .. for the sake of a few quid now, I'd rather be safe than sorry ..

well i will get a can of engine flush from Halfords and have an oil change as well and see what happens i just want to mod the car instead of paying repair bills all the time oh well hopefully i get it sorted

whats the best oil to use in it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links