Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help Sourcing A Black Gt-tbar.

Phil Hall

Hi folks, Im new to the board so be gentle. Im trying to find a GTi Tbar but here are the problems im coming up against. Firstly I live in Belfast and there are never more then a few to choose from each week in the Autotrader so Ive dediced to fly to England(or Scotland) and pick one up there. Problem is the insurance in NI is very expensive to I have to go for a UK car to help keep the cost down and every car I call up about that Im interested in sees to be an import.

What I need to be able to do is more or less buy the car over the phone, ie, get detailed descriptions and emailed pics as I wont have time to ***** about when I fly over. I want it to be as simple as meeting a dealer either at their garage or the nearest airport. A few dealers said they would have no problem meeting me at the airport, but I need to be very carefull with what I buy.

Am I right in thinking it better to buy from a dealer here and get 12 months MOT and some form of comeback or should I go private?

My cousin has been a toyota mechanic for years and has worked on and driven nothing else, but he cant make the trip with me, and tbh dosnt have much time on his hands starting a family and all that, so are there any things I should be on the lookout for apart from the obvious knocking engine, blue smoke, rattling, poor idle etc....?

And lastly can anyone recommend a decent / reputable (if there is such a thing) dealer where they know there is stock of 2's? Preferrably in the North of England as I will be getting the boat back to Belfast from either Scotland or Liverpool, mabey Hayshem?

Cheers in advance ppl

Phil.

Good luck with the hunt mate .. have you looked in autotrader for cars in the UK ..

I'm sure a few northern peeps would be happy to swing past a garrage and have a look at cars for you ..

Just for referance my work postocde is rg17 0yu if you want to search for any a bit further south ..

Decent... cheers for movin the post.

Yeah, Ive been looking anywhere within 60miles of L249LY which is Liverpool Airport's p/c on the AT website. Just a case of keep looking. There was a lovely UK black T Bar with 17 Antera's and leather but its gone now... :(

I picked up a nice white 1992 GT locally at a good price over a year ago but I couldnt afford to insure and run it at the time so I sold it to my mum. Now she has fallen in love with it and wont sell it back to me. Which leaves me still in the hunt for either a nice white or black GT-T Bar.

Im looking to spend 2-3k just. Hope to get something half decent. I would prefer a T-Bar but I will look at GT's aswell. Cant afford the ins for the tub alas...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links