Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bov Help Please Lads !

remark

Hi guys,

I know about the issues of BOVs on rev1 tubbys but apart from my concerns below, mine seems to be ok....BUT

I fitted my HKS SSQV last night and there are a coupla things buggin me about it. It sounds quality but it seems to be going off alot even under light throttle, albeit only a gentle shhh. I wanna know if this is correct because, this leads me to the second thing. I seem to be using quite alot of petrol. This mornin on my way to work I didn't even hammer it that much, only lightly a coupla quickish starts off the lights, and I seemed to use alot more petrol than usual.

The third thing thats worrying me is that when I started the engine this mornin, l let it tick over for a coupla of minutes then I gave it some light throttle (out of gear) and noticed some greyish/pale blueish smoke coming from the exhaust. As far as I know this has never happened before.

Please help lads i'm countin on you

Adam

I have just fitted the SQV to my REV3 and its doing the same as yours I wouldn’t worry. You might be using more petrol because your getting the valve to dump all the time like me :D

Sounds like it's running rich if it's chucking smoke out. check out the following snippet from one of the pinned articles in this forum.

"However, when we dump to atmosphere, that air is lost from the system and the turbos draw in fresh air via the AFM (s). This causes the engine to go mad rich, as the throttles are closed and no fuel is really needed. Hence the black smoke seen on the overrun after my mods.

Worse still was a noticeable but very short period of detonation when coming hard back on the throttle. This puzzled me totally, then it dawned. As the fuel system started working normally again the Lambda sensor "caught up" with what was happening, saw a very overly rich mixture, and shut down the injector pulse width, creating a very lean mixture, causing a brief, but very dangerous period of detonation!"

To be sure, take it to a RR and have it set up properly.

Better safe than sorry dude. :)

Cheers for the info guys....Earl, it says in that snippet "black smoke"....this smoke is more light greyish/really pale blue...It only happened when i started her this mornin....i just went outside form work about 20mins ago, started up and nothing

Confused...

Blue smoke is a sign of oil being burnt, black is normally a sign of an over rich mixture (or a dump of fuel from the turbo).

Hope your 2 is going to be ok dude. :thumbsup:

Yea me too...looks like im gonna have to start saving for that engine rebuild sooner rather than later...I'm gettin the parts together now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links