Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm going off for no reason

Louie

The alarm has sounded on our Toyota Corolla Sport for the last 4 evenings, the first 3 at 10.45pm and last night at 9.45pm.   We have very recently moved to a noisy area next to railway line and main road, the ca is parked in a private car park away from passing traffic. b The alarm to our knowledge has not sounded in the 14 days prior to this. (To our knowledge, because we can't hear it as we are on the other side of the block: it's being reported by irate neighbours).  In the last month the car has been repaired from accident damage to the front offside wing and side, but we've had it back from that for over 3 weeks now without any problems with the alarm.  Any ideas?

Might be interesting to be in the car park at 10.45 to see whether a train goes past and how fast it is ......

• Like 1

Have you tried switching off the internal alarm system?

On 6/23/2024 at 1:03 PM, HilaryF said:

The alarm has sounded on our Toyota Corolla Sport for the last 4 evenings, the first 3 at 10.45pm and last night at 9.45pm.   We have very recently moved to a noisy area next to railway line and main road, the ca is parked in a private car park away from passing traffic. b The alarm to our knowledge has not sounded in the 14 days prior to this. (To our knowledge, because we can't hear it as we are on the other side of the block: it's being reported by irate neighbours).  In the last month the car has been repaired from accident damage to the front offside wing and side, but we've had it back from that for over 3 weeks now without any problems with the alarm.  Any ideas?

Moth in the car?

On 8/16/2023 at 11:38 AM, Red Corolla said:

My son now tells me that he saw a moth in the car last time he was in it.  Just to point out how sensitive the interior sensor is.  

Too sensitive! I mean can a moth steal the car, or a cat or dog or small child for that matter. Can they not make them less sensitive?

5 hours ago, fred88 said:

Too sensitive! I mean can a moth steal the car, or a cat or dog or small child for that matter. Can they not make them less sensitive?

I think most cars now have replaced the old tilt sensor for the whole car with an interior acoustic sensor. It can be set off by insects or if you leave a window slightly open unfortunately. 

I have the Toyota dash cam fitted, that has a sensor supposedly to be set off when the car is hit in a car park. But that’s also very sensitive and can be set off falsely. You can’t adjust the sensitivity, but at least it doesn’t set the alarm off - just record for a minute each time. 

My dealer replaced the alarm module under warranty due to spurious triggering

Bozz

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Regarding the alarm triggering,  if your alarm triggers is there any notification that it has gone off? 

Have unlocked  with the key to sound the alarm, nothing has flagged on the app as you get notification  for door/window open etc. 

Nothing in the handbook. 

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Corolla Mike. said:

Hi. Regarding the alarm triggering,  if your alarm triggers is there any notification that it has gone off? 

Have unlocked  with the key to sound the alarm, nothing has flagged on the app as you get notification  for door/window open etc. 

Nothing in the handbook. 

Thanks. 

Probably because the car can recognise been unlocked by the key. You can turn alarm going off when manually unlock with key via obd settings with adapter and suitable app

Just thought  it might notify you as it does for a unlocked door. 

Got awoke by an alarm recently which am sure was my car, but no notification  via app or when starting car. 

Only unlocked with the key as  a test.

Thanks for the reply 👍 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links