Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scared!

Ryan1985

Okay wos driving home 2nite from work and wos drivin along and thought I needed a change of CD. I wos stopped at the traffic lights and I changed the CD and I had my windows all the way down. I insert the CD and then I pull away and as the CD wos loadin (took ages, MP3 CD) I heard a wild screechin/scrapin noise. So my CD came on but i switched it off so i could hear this noise. Still with the windows down I kept hearing this noise. The noise comes on and off intermittently. It then disappeared but re-emerged wen I hit the brakes. In the user manual it says it wil make a squealing/screehing noise wen I need new pads so I think thats all it is but why is it making the same noise drivin along when my foot is on the accelarator??? :wacko:

:help::help::help:

Cheers :thumbsup:

If you're brake pads are worn down to the metal backing plate, then they will grind whether you are braking or not.

CHECK THEM OUT ASAP.

If they are worn out then, apart from having greatly reduced braking, the discs will get ground away every time you press the brakes.

Rich

Why would they grind whether I am braking or not? My dad sed this an dI asked him why but he didn't know but he has heard of it happening b4!

Any help much appreciated!

P.S. service on Wenesday and I only need 2 drive it once b4 then!

<_< had mine in the garage for a respray to the wheel hubs after they put the wheels back on i had the same noise took it back and they said it was a bit of metal rubbing from the disk <_< but its ok now so i dont no if i was done but i would say they forgot to put a brake pad in :!Removed!: so brake pads sound like the place to look :thumbsup:

<_< had mine in the garage for a respray to the wheel hubs after they put the wheels back on i had the same noise took it back and they said it was a bit of metal rubbing from the disk <_< but its ok now so i dont no if i was done but i would say they forgot to put a brake pad in :!Removed!: so brake pads sound like the place to look :thumbsup:

i had the same problem with my sr. There was a mad screechig noise coming from the tyres when i turned full lock to the left, So i took it in and they told me that a bit of metal was catching. Fixed now anyways. :unsure:

Why would they grind whether I am braking or not? My dad sed this an dI asked him why but he didn't know but he has heard of it happening b4!

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers 

P.S. service on Wenesday and I only need 2 drive it once b4 then!

Possible reasons for this could be.

1/ Brake drag, Caused by faulty master cylinder. Would also cause accelerated pad wear.

2/ Worn wheel bearings, Causing abnormal lateral wheel movement.

3/ Seized or partially seized Brake calliper piston. Leading to excessive brake pad wear.

Get it looked at when you have it serviced.

:) :thumbsup:

Hope its just the brake pads that need replacin! :(

Yvvan, have u got any input? U seem to know ur stuff on Toyota's!

I think that the Yaris has something called Tizz plates, so when the pads are worn to aa level where they need replacing, then it makes a mad tizzing noise. All it is is a metal plate thats acts as an indicator.

**UPDATE**

Needs new pads AND discs and the discs were so badly worn that they have turned blue! :eek:

Toyota quoted me £210 just 4 the parts and i just laughed and sed i'll get it done elsewhere, went down 2 a local garage and they will do it 4 £162 fitted! :thumbsup:

Btw, my car has done 40k miles so cars approaching that mileage watch out! :thumbsup:

It's worth checking the pad wear every couple of months....

It's a lot cheaper to replace nearly worn pads than have to get the discs too.

rich

It's worth checking the pad wear every couple of months....

It's a lot cheaper to replace nearly worn pads than have to get the discs too.

rich

It didn't need new discs because the pads destroyed them Boro Sera, it just needed new discs! :!Removed!:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links