Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Yaris Needs Some Mod

yaris4me

Hi i have a 1.00 litre standard 99 Yaris i have just put on a Back box square letterbox shape and a sports filter.

As you can guess I am new to this and i have serched high and low on the internet to try and find something that would modify to incease performance.

But have had no luck no one seems to supply performance parts for my car.

My question is does any one have any ideas what else i can do to increase the BHP, :help: does any one else have the same car that have mod the engine?

u can get a hks turbo for the 1 lite which will give ya over 100bhp .A bit costly though expect to pay 2-3000 pounds

With a 1 litre itl be tough to increase bhp.

But you could try an induction kit such as the Apexi from www.envyperformance.com and then you make it handle better by new springs etc and then brakes :)

induction kit such as the Apexi from

This kit does not fit a 1 litre but have a look at this:GReddy induction kit!

If u want big power mate the best way is 2 either get a new car, an engine transplant or a turbo!

Also, upgrading the suspension and brakes is the equivalent of having 15 extra bhp, it will make the car handle better and means u can brake later into corners etc!

Cheers :thumbsup:

"Also, upgrading the suspension and brakes is the equivalent of having 15 extra bhp, it will make the car handle better and means u can brake later into corners etc!"

Ryan is right. There is not much you can do to a small engine to increase power short of spending big bucks and affecting engine life. A well sorted suspension setup will improve handling and help make up for power deficiet thru better handling. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links