Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tips For Fitting Discs And Pads

Titto

Hi,

I've just ordered EBC pads and discs all round for the '2'.

Im going to fit them all myself with a mate - does anyone know what the correct torque setting are for the bolts etc???

Also, are the pads easily replaced or do i have to get any clip kits ordered too?

Give me your knowledge!!!

Titto

Dont know about the torque settings but the discs and pads are pretty simple to fit just make sure you clean the slides well and use plenty

of copper ease or your brakes will squeal every time you touch them.

One other thing,

You need to screw back the pistons in the rear callipers, so make sure you have the tools to do it before you start the job

:thumbsup:

Yo rico, screw back the pistons on the rear calipers?? They screw back do they?? Hey matey changing yor pads yeah, make sure that you keep hold of the little metal springs clips on the tops and bottoms of the old pads, other wise they'll rattle about when you drive about. Don't fink it really matters that much about the torque settings of the bolts, as long as they are tight, nofing shud fall off!!

Yeah, they screw back in clockwise. Make sure you take the top off the brake fluild resevoir or else you'll be struggling to compress brake fluid :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links