Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr

FlashFunk

heh heh - just forget that post. just woken up and still hungover. lmao. cant beleive i posted that :eek:

not sure about Starlets but I think there are differences between Yaris SR's depending on the age. I've got a 2000 SR and it's got the TTE spoiler, exhaust and wheels (think the wheels are TTE anyway - could be wrong). I know there's a later SR that definitely doesn't have the exhaust, but I'm not sure about the spoiler or the wheels.

All Yaris SR's should come with the TTE spoiler, lowering springs, alloy wheels and stripped down TS engine.

The only thing that may be different is the exhaust. Older SR's had the TTE backbox whereas post 2002 SR's had the chrome tail pipe instead. It happens that they decided to stop doing the TTE backbox after they moved the manufacturing process to France.

So much for the French eh!? :lol:

ah right. was wondering why the exhausts were different. was gonna get a 2000 sr but i found a 2001 sr with less miles on and in excellent condition so i went for that.

They have. It's now called the T2 or T3? Can't decide which! :blink:

Yeah, unfortunately they have. When theyfcaelifted they change the lineup too is seems to be:-

T2 -> S

T3 -> GS

TSpirit -> GLS, CDX (& anything else I've forgotten!)

TSport -> TSport, but also with 5 doors in the UK as well as 3 doors.

Cheers,

A

TSpirit -> GLS, CDX (& anything else I've forgotten!)

Think the SR is in there aswell!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Well, not really...

I thought about that, but the T spirit is really more of a replacement for the luxury models. The SR had a different engine from the other 1.3s, didn't it? That, as well as the TTE spoiler and coming lowered as standard, makes me thing that it sat between the GS and the T-Sport rather than sitting neatly in the range.

Open to debate though :)

A

The reason the SR got the different motor is that Toyota UK got rid of the older Japan-made models by making them SR spec on the dockside. All the facelift models were made in France and therefore they got the Daihatsu/Toyota joint-effort engine 'cos it was more economically viable...

so is there a way that i will be able to tell if mine is the older version of the sr or the newer version?. Its 2001 - but not sure when it was registered.

It has the tte spolier, is the 30mm lower and has chrome exhaust, dunno if that helps

if the chrome exhaust is just a clamp-on trim instead of a whole Remus backbox, it's a newer model

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links