Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

HELP! Aygo 11 Gears sticking after service

Ggnik

Hi guys, I have a toyota aygo, 2011 which I've booked in for a car check at Halfords but would love some advice!

I bought a 2nd hand aygo last July, and when I had it mot'd in Feb this year it passed.

In May i had it serviced and the person who serviced it ( a friend ) said the front tyres were different sizes to the back and it was dangerous to drive. He didn't have the right size for the car but matched up the front tyres with the back (a few sizes too big).

When I got home I noticed the gear stick was suddenly sticking / grinding when going into reverse. I just assumed it was to do with the wrong tyre size (after googling). I got the right tyres put on a few days later on all four tyres and the tracking fixed.

But, my gear stick is still really stiff when going into first and reverse when stationary. When reversing,  especially it grinds. It always goes into first / reverse but requires alot more push that before I had it serviced. When driving and changing gears, not noticing a problem except every now and again when going down the gears it can stick (but not sure if it's always been that way and I've never noticed).  But it's never made the grinding noise going into reverse before !

Any ideas on what the problem could be? 

Sounds like your clutch is playing up / needs adjusting, until fixed try not to force into gear

Also worth checking gearbox oil level

Thanks Stecha, having to drive it today as on my way back from holiday and its definitely getting stiffer. Hoping its something small and not an entire clutch replacement needed 🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links