Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris won't accelerate sometimes

Cyker

11 hours ago, Cyker said:

I've also realized the reason so few other people have experienced it is because it only happens on cars with factory-fit front proximity sensors.

Isn't it radar based for the longer ranges? 

19 hours ago, anchorman said:

It’s the first I’ve seen of this thread.  It sounds like the behaviour of traction control.  If anyone can replicate the problem, try it with the traction control off. 

Cykes, did you sort your rear dash cam out.

It's definitely the PCS - I've done some tests with it off including some aggressive cuts and not a peep from the system, and it also stops the false-positive BRAKE! alerts and random AEB triggering. But I just can't bring myself to turn if off permanently since it has saved us from a very real chance of a collision a couple of times.

For a while I was turning it off in the morning just to get out of my road, which is where the vast majority of the incidents occurred, then turning it back on, but it was a faff so now I just drive a bit slower and forgo tighter gaps I'd normally take in favour of spending more time waiting for bigger ones. In a way, the system is working - By putting my life in danger repeatedly it's made me drive more cautiously for those specific scenarios :laugh: 

re. the rear Dashcam, tbh I never got round to it and eventually forgot about it :laugh: 

It didn't help that I ended up sending back the dual-cam due to power-on issues when the car was parked in the sun, causing it to overheat and lock up and requiring me to pull and re-insert the cable while driving to get it to work! I returned it to Viofo and they sent me 2 front-facing ones instead at my request as I'd lost faith in the duals.

Gotta say I rate Viofo's customer service very highly; They were quick to respond, and didn't try and fob me off for the exchange when their initial attempts to work around the issue didn't work. You don't usually expect that from Chinese companies, but they've definitely distinguished themselves.

14 hours ago, hind said:

Isn't it radar based for the longer ranges? 

Yes I believe a combination of the radar and camera pod is used for the longer ranges.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, MikeSh said:

As a retired controls engineer I'm going to say that intent, design and reality are rarely coincident until experience is applied.

The problem being that it takes time and testing to get there and with the pace of change these days neither time or testing gets a look in early enough. 

One reason my MK3 may well be my last car.

Don't let it be your last car, the MK4 design without the sonar sensors doesn't do this, it's a huge upgrade from the MK3. 

Crikey, only read this thread now, that is dangerous Cyker 🫣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

Don't let it be your last car,

I'm expecting to stop driving in the next few years and this MK3, while not perfect, is fine for now. Nothing I've read here about the MK4 makes me want it. Handling - don't care. MPG - at 2-3k miles a year, don't care. Looks - don't really care, but I'm not a fan.

If I had to get another car, if this one was totaled for example, I really don't know what I'd get. I already use buses quite a bit (we are lucky that way) so quite possibly a taxi if the bus didn't work for a particular trip. (For holidays I already use bus and either NX to get to Heathrow or train to Gatwick, so no change there 🙂 )

• Like 4

For low-usage, car-sharing clubs like Zip car are worth a thought too - I know someone who uses them and they love it as it's like renting but with preferential pricing; No need to worry about tax, insurance, servicing etc., and IIRC on the higher membership levels things like ULEZ, Congestion Charge, Tolls etc. are all included (Although this may depend on the car club!)

• Like 1

I read,  nearly all of those car-sharing clubs have died, through insurance problems.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links