Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glue residue on windscreen

Wiz201

Hi guys. I got caught out by a council parking officer today, and he stuck it on in one of those yellow packets which has left glue residue on the glass. Apart from the injustice of having this parking fine, which I am appealing against because its one of those really petty ones where even though I had a blue disabled Badge on view, he thought I had parked the car overnight because I forgot to change the time on my manual clock, I've now got glue residue to deal with as well.

I've tried nail varnish remover, but it hasn't got it all off.

• Sad 1

Meths? Presume you haven't got any Sticky Stuff Remover?

Hi Isobel,

Sorry to hear about the ticket and I hope that you can get it cancelled.....Good luck! :thumbsup:

Anyway, you probably have a can of WD 40 knocking about, so try spraying a bit of that on the area, wait for about 10 seconds and wipe it off with a bit of a rub...A microfibre cloth will help on that score.

WD 40 can even clean hammerite off a paint brush and it's brilliant stuff for getting a real shine on a stainless steel hob, oven. toaster or kettle....Brilliant stuff!

All the best!  :biggrin:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links