Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sound system

MCjensen

I finally got around to replacing my front door Speakers and tweeters on the dash in my 2013 Aygo.  First, I double insulated inside the two front doors, which is a pain in the a_ _.    Then I put a set of Hertz component Speakers as recommended by someone here, and even with the original head unit, the sound is so much better.  

HERTZ DIECI DSK 170.3 component set

• 2 weeks later...

Sound system on Toyota Aygo can be summarised in 3 words - Trash All Around.

I'm not holding the Audiophile standard towards it.  But honestly, it is the worst sound system I have seen in modern cars.  It is like cheap old radio hooked up to a £5 PC speaker.

Personally, I think the biggest improvement was replacing the Head Unit.  Although the door Speakers were bad but there were limited by what was given.  The old head unit really does offer much loudness and sound quality (frequency spectrum was all over the place).

As for the door Speakers, loudness is their weakest part.  I supposed Basshead will find replacing them to be the biggest gain...

I agree that the standard radio and Speakers in the Mark 1 were rubbish; I changed to a double DIN Alpine media unit, fitted 3 way component Speakers in the front(tweeters in the A pillar, mid-range in the dash and woofers in the front doors), 3-way Speakers in the parcel shelf and a sub in the boot.

Having said all that the system in the Mark 2 is much better, I haven't yet felt the need to change the system in my 2020 Aygo but when I do it will be to get better bass so probably a sub.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links