Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Resetting Ecu

slipstream

hi fellas, was wondering has anyone here reset their ECU by disconnecting the Battery for awhile before putting it back. Is it any good to do that esp if you've done some mods? :blink::blink:

you could do that, or unplug the ECU

you could do that, or unplug the ECU

correct me if i'm wrong, so by unpluging the harness below the glove box, the ECU will reset?

how long do i have to leave it unplugged?

cheers :P

The ECU performs to a set of parameters set by the manufacturer. Some ECUs (in fact all modern ECUs) have some capacity to learn and adapt the performance of the car (autos included) to the driving style of the owner.

The learning process is not immediate but takes place over many start-stop cycles or miles.

If some significant modification was done to the engine, some tuners will want the ECU to be reset to the original values so that the ECU can then start to lean the new characteristics of the engine from scratch.

** To re-set your Dash sensor lights carry out the following procedure :- Turn on your ignition (not the engine) for 15 seconds, turn off for 15 seconds - repeat 5 times. **

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links