Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine hard start after fuel injector cleaned

Curtis Lalsie

Any advice ????

After removing the 3 fuel injectors and servicing these , they were replaced but the engine almost doesn't turn over fully. Was i suppose to have put a clamp on the fuel line after removal of the injectors, is it a must????

It will not start as it needs to purge the air and build fuel pressure, turning the ignition on and off a few times should do it

How did you "service" the injectors ?

but the engine almost doesn't turn over fully

does the engine crank, and not start ??

Hiya thanks for your support, I service it myself with the car's Battery and it sprayed very well after servicing, there were no issues that i had with it prior to this and the car worked well just that i thought it may need a bit of cleaning up, lol. The engine cranks but not starting. I switched the ignition on and off several times but no luck. It sounds like it wants to start but wouldn't. I know for sure that the Battery is new with new spark plugs from toyota and starter motor are all good, so not sure why it wouldn't start now when before it was fine. Any other suggestions????

3 hours ago, Curtis Lalsie said:

Hiya thanks for your support, I service it myself with the car's battery and it sprayed very well after servicing, there were no issues that i had with it prior to this and the car worked well just that i thought it may need a bit of cleaning up, lol. The engine cranks but not starting. I switched the ignition on and off several times but no luck. It sounds like it wants to start but wouldn't. I know for sure that the battery is new with new spark plugs from toyota and starter motor are all good, so not sure why it wouldn't start now when before it was fine. Any other suggestions????

Not turning? Any possible fuel flooding? Why not remove spark plugs and turn few times to see what happens? Just my thoughts. 

Hiya thank you, Sorry yesterday it’s turning much better and as if wants to start but didn’t, Do u mean flooding to the engine???, hmmmmm I t’s possible coming to think about it as I did remove the injectors overnight to soak the nozzle in carb cleaner. The next day petrol from the fuel rail was seen to be dripping into the the fuel injector seats. Possible?????

Remove the spark plugs and crank the engine over and push the throttle pedal at the way down, are they the correct spark plugs did you plug the injectors and coils back in correctly

• Like 1

Thank you for this I will try this next. Much appreciated, today a mobile mechanic I met on the street said that I should try putting new orings on the injectors.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links