Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ice Advice

Titto

Ok guys i need your help!

I currently have the original 'active sound' Speakers all round and a sony head unit.

I want to upgrade the bass and general volume etc

What can be done in terms of using the original Speakers but getting rid of the subs? I havent got that much to spend on it, but i've seen a sony amp in Halfords...got me thinking about it all.

Also where are all the bits fitted in your car? Room in the boot / bonnet / behind the seats? let me know so i can start to get an idea!

Also, if i disconnect the original subs and replace with new ones i'll put one behind the passenger seat (unless its best somewhere else?) or should i get 2 subs (one behind both seats?!)...

HELLLLLPPPPP!

Cheers

Adam

All i can say is GOOD luck , who ever fitted the damn amps to the mr2 should be slapped there horrible and a pain in the *****!

One sub is fine as a lot of people on the weekend will testify .. just don't buy cheap ..

I've got low spec, but of a quality brand ..

I want to upgrade the bass and general volume etc

What can be done in terms of using the original speakers but getting rid of the subs? I havent got that much to spend on it, but i've seen a sony amp in halfords...got me thinking about it all.

Also where are all the bits fitted in your car? Room in the boot / bonnet / behind the seats? let me know so i can start to get an idea!

Also, if i disconnect the original subs and replace with new ones i'll put one behind the passenger seat (unless its best somewhere else?) or should i get 2 subs (one behind both seats?!)...

HELLLLLPPPPP!

Cheers

Adam

What condition are you factory Speakers in?? even with an aftermarket amp I wouldn't expect them to be able to handle much more than what your getting from the factory ones.

Subs wise go for 10"s or 8"s.....one is enough as Bibbs said but even making your own box CAN cost a bit once you have paid for wood and materials (will be cheaper than buying a crap one though)

Depending on the size of the magnets you can fit 6.5's in the front positions and IF you have decent ones there i no need for rears.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links