Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipods For The Yaris

dolce vita

Hi all,

second question for the night, that's my quota I figure. I've seen the archive posts about iPods and the Yaris. The most promising seemed to be the Toyota part (don't have the reference right now) for the radio that fools it into thinking it's an auxiliary input like a CD changer. Unfortunately, the Italian dealer near my house doesn't have it on his computer. I suspect it hasn't made it to Italy yet. So I took the car to a recommended local stereo dealer--looks like a real pro shop to me--and they took a look at the Yaris radio and CD player and said they can't install anything else in its place. I was surprised by that a bit, haven't there been other topics about changing the head unit?

Frankly I'd rather just plug something into the back of the factory installed radio and plug the iPod into that but now I don't know where to get one. Would it be the same as the factory installed radios for the Echo in the States? If so I might look there I suppose

thanks again for the help

dave

Hi there

Recently bought an Ipod myself and the way I have it linked to my stereo is as follows. I have a standard T3 with factory fitted stereo and purchased a Belkin FM transmitter that connects to my Ipod (very small by the way). How it works is that you select a FM radio channel on your stereo between 88.1 & 107 FM with either very poor signal or no signal broadcasting on it. On the FM transmitter you select the same channel as your car stereo and simply press play on the Ipod and your away. (the sound quality is very good even though it is broadcasting via the radio). The device is very small and Belikin also do a special holster for the Ipod and the transmitter which is designed to fit in a standard car cup holder out of the way. (good idea to say you have access to three from the drivers seat). It also comes with a car charger for your Ipod for those long journeys!

The cost of this is around £30 so it's not gonna break the bank either!

Hope this helps anyway! :thumbsup:

Thanks, but I've already tried the FM transmitter route and was pretty disappointed with two models I tried (one of them the Belkin you mention). The sound quality isn't quite good enough and it's hard to find something free in Milan for some reason.

I also tried a wired FM modulator and that was also very spotty.

I believe the best solution is a head unit with an auxiliary input. That's what I'd like... which I think is essentially what that adapter is. But where o where to find one... I've seen them for sale on websites in the UK but they don't ship to Italy.

I brought my Yaris with the tape player as standard. I brought my ipod a few months ago as i thought it would be a much better idea than buying a cd player for the yaris - and it was. I brought one of those tape adapter things off eBay (cost about £2-£5) that looks like a tape with a wire on and goes in the tape player as a normal tape - the lead very simply plugs into the ipod! the sound is great and i got the best of 3 worlds cos i can have tapes, ipod and the adapter plugs into anything with a headphone port so i can also listen to CD's if i wanted to on a portable cd player!

I think thats the best bet if you find the fm transmitter doesnt work for you.

Tina. x

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links