Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod + Fm Transmitter

rockycho

I am so glad I got the new iPod and it is looking so sexy in the car. But I've got a little problem and hope those guys that's using the FM transmitter can help. The reception is not as great as I expected at the moment. Which frequency do you have it on? Where do you place the iPod? I have the cupholder stand from Belkin but if I place the iPod in the spare slot under the head unit, the reception is much better. I am sure the range should be much greater than this. All advice apprciated.

Hi Rockycho

I think the optimum range for the transmitters to work successfully is about 10ft but they do work up to 50ft away from the aerial but obviously the further away the more the quality deteriates. How I got mine working was to go through every FM channel to find a week signal and simply select it. The best place I have noticed to put it is in the front left cup holder below the head unit.

Yarisldc

I am sure from the cup holder to the head unit or the aerial for that matter is less than 10ft. so you've got a good reception? which frequency do you use?

Hi there

I'll have a look when I get the chance today for you and let you know but it does depend on which radio stations are available in your area. Which FM transmitter do you have?

Yarisldc

Hiya,

I have an iPod with a little transmitter called an iTrip. It's slightly bigger than an AA Battery and sits in the headphone socket. It's very light and one of the smallest I've seen yet - and cheap £20 from eBay.

The frequency I use is something like 87.5... that was until a pirate radio station started broadcasting hehe.

I'm tellin' ya... give up on the FM transmitter. I tried three or four models and ended up taking them all back.

The auxiliary interface for the head unit is the way to go. Slam dunk.

Just an update, I've found the perfect place to put the whole setup. that's the upper glove box. It's picking up great now.

Les (giddlepin) was showing off with his at JAE he was sat in the tent eith the car about 15 feet away entertaning us all!

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am also using a transmitter and the quality is good enough but the radio is tuning out after 10 seconds as identifies the signal as too weak compared to the rest.

Best would be to disable to the AS (AutoSearch) but I could not find from the manual how this can be done; anyone has any idea about this please?

Cheers :)

T

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links