Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Suspension Modification On Later Cars?

NEED4SPEED

I have noticed but I could be wrong but are the standard UK MR2 2.0GT Revision 4 lower than the UK MR2 2.0GT Revision 2? Was the MR2 lowered or modified after 1994 when the facelift was produced? Can anyone enlighten me about this? :huh:

Not sure about the exact particulars but Im sure someone will correct me. The 90-92 cars were stiffer and in 93 they made changes to actually raise slightly, soften and adjust camber and caster to make the car less "snappy" at the rear. Im not sure about further model changes year on year.

I know my mum's 92 sits a bit lower than my friends rev 3.

I use to own a 92 UK GT model and looking at some of my old pics it does look higher than my current 1997 model. A 1994 G-limited model that I had a few years ago looks the same as the UK 97 model in ride hight and that was certainly lower than the 92 car. A noticed big time when I swapped over the 17" alloys from the 92 MR2 to the 94 MR2. The 92 car looked as though it needed lowering but the 94 car was perfect! :thumbsup:

When I took my car to ROGUE SYSTEMS in Coventry they thought mine had been lowered until they had a look and came to the conclusion it could be a later modification as it did look standard underneath. :yes:

I think I'm right. I looked at a random image of a 1992-93 car and it does look higher than mine.

pics not working ..

The rev1 had the 4x4 style suspension, and also the 14" rims ..

The rev2 had revised suspension and was lower ..

I thin thought the rev3/4/5 had the same setup as the rev2 .. just with different settings with the camber etc ..

Well I thought that until the guys at ROGUE pointed it out, and then I remembered when I had my 1992 Rev 2 car my mate turned up in his mum's brand new (at the time the new P reg) in Goodwood Green UK Spec GT MR2 and that looked lower. I'm confused?! :unsure:

Can't understand why the pics don't work, they did before and then come back when they feel like it...werid :ph34r:

Any ideas?

I have a 1993 Rev2, seems pretty low considering it's standard suspension and I have 17's on aswell!

Here are some images of the two types. The Rev 4 definately looks lower at the front than the Rev 2. Alot of other pics show this too. :yes:

REV 2 1993 car

23891-1.jpg

REV 4 1997 car

25559-2.jpg

I checked a height measurement too and the later cars are apparently slightly lower.

Check out http://www.megaboost.co.uk/mr2/frames/techinfopage.htm

Ive got rev 3 springs on my rev 1 car,

and it looks lower than the rev 2 in the picture.

Looks like Rev 3 and 4 with the later tailgates are lower than Rev 1 and 2 cars. :yes:

Ive got rev 3 springs on my rev 1 car,

and it looks lower than the rev 2 in the picture.

Have you put bigger alloys on your car too?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links