Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Reverse Camera Query.

ub4007

Seeking some help if possible please. I have an 2014 Aygo and i am looking to install a reverse camera on the car 🙂 for my daughter.

I saw this very good post on the forum and have brought the harness in question and cabling to use with my x touch.

I'm just looking for someones expertise in relation to how to route the cable from just above the number plate ( number plate lights ) into the boot itself. I was looking at possibly going through the rear tail light however i thought there may have been another avenue as i don't want to cause leaks. I couldnt find much on the forums or google. Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 🙂

I did this on my sister's similar 108, I found a large rubber bung/grommet under boot carpet below passenger side rear light feeding wiring to rear, after you pull passenger side corner boot carpet up. Assume Aygo the same, the boot plastic trims just pull off. Just made small hole in rubber bung/grommet to feed wires to behind rear bumper. I got a reverse camera that combines with replacement number plate light, so just swapped bulb over but did have to modify to get bulb holder to fit, but didn't have to remove rear bumper to fit reverse camera or run the wiring. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puglet said:

I did this on my sister's similar 108, I found a large rubber bung/grommet under boot carpet below passenger rear light feeding wiring to rear, after you pull passenger corner boot carpet up. Assume Aygo the same, the boot plastic trims just pull off. Just made small hole to feed wires to behind rear bumper. I got a reverse camera that combines with replacement number plate light, so just swapped bulb over but did have to modify to get bulb to fit, but didn't have to remove rear bumper to fit reverse camera or run the wiring. 

Thank you. Will have a gander.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links