Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noisey door straps

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi

Does anyone know how to treat the noise door strap symptom on a 2008 3dr Aygo?

Both my doors sound awful.

Or do they require replacing rather than treating?

Saying my passenger seat rattles like hell now even with someone seated on it lol!

Gosh these aygos!

As in life, lube is required, a white grease or Lithium grease will do the trick - as for the seat find where the squeak is coming from check the mounting hardware and make sure the tilt is locking on both sides is clean and lubed

28 minutes ago, flash22 said:

As in life, lube is required, a white grease or Lithium grease will do the trick - as for the seat find where the squeak is coming from check the mounting hardware and make sure the tilt is locking on both sides is clean and lubed

Cheers Flash,

Okay so to lube the straps do I need to remove the door cards?

And...

Re the passenger seat I assume the seat is permanently fixed to the rails, I've checked all the bolts and they're mega tight, it's the seat wobbling that's the issue, I'll try luring the tilt locking mechanism which I assume is behind its plastic trim?

I should just cover the whole car in white grease lol, I'm not prepared to give up yet guys!

lube the pivot points and where it slides in to the door open and close the door quite a few times

the seats are a metal frame the rails are bolted to the car the frame attaches into the rails, the tilt/recline mechs are behind the plastic trims

I had the rattling seat problem. I just moved the back of the seat to a different position and it was fine. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links