Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Selling my Audi

frazthewise

Your advice please. My new Corolla ST 2.0L Excel is due for delivery in December, so plan to sell my Audi end of October, especially as it now appears to be increasing in value!!

I have dipped my toes for a valuation via 'Motorway' 'Whizz' and 'Webuyanycar' and the latter comes up with the best offer. Just checking if I am missing a trick to sell my car. It is a 3 year old A8, so nervous on how the transaction is performed!!

Thanks 😊 

Moved to General Discussions

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, frazthewise said:

Your advice please. My new Corolla ST 2.0L Excel is due for delivery in December, so plan to sell my Audi end of October, especially as it now appears to be increasing in value!!

I have dipped my toes for a valuation via 'Motorway' 'Whizz' and 'Webuyanycar' and the latter comes up with the best offer. Just checking if I am missing a trick to sell my car. It is a 3 year old A8, so nervous on how the transaction is performed!!

Thanks 😊 

I have used WBAC before and wouldn't use again.

Before you actually commit, visit and let them do the appraisal. I found them unrealistic and overly critical in terms of stone chips on a 6 year old Mondeo on the front - we're talking the typical couple of motorway/high mileage chips, not road rash. If you look at the current fair wear and tear guidelines, that car was damn near perfect. They may have improved, and be more consistent with current assessment guidelines, but there has to be a reason for them being the best price. I relied on the online quote - stupidly - and when I went to actually handover had already taken delivery of the new car and was backed into a corner.

That said, these type of options are convenient and quick, but you will never get best price from them. Private sale is always the best price but is the other end of the scale for inconvenience and a major pain (having done that in the past too). P/Ex is a reasonable compromise, plus you get to hand over old while picking up the new - just never look at the dealer's used car prices ever as it will depress you how much they will list it for. But, they are in the business of making money and likely wont get the screen price anyway.

Thank you, appreciate your helpful comments. I think I will try all three options I mentioned, WBAC first to get a base price and accept others same or better. Nervous selling such an expensive car privately via autotrader. The dealer I have ordered the car from is unwilling to take P/X and price quoted £3000 below WBAC. I know WBAC will knock me down on price, that is their job, all depends how much?!

When we last sold a car, we used Arnold Clark which valued the car at more than WBAC and paid out the exact valuation by bank transfer without quibble.

• Thanks 1

If you are not in a hurry to sell to we buy any car I found that if you leave it for a couple of weeks after there initial offer they will up the price. I have sold various cars privately and never had a problem a good valeting makes a hell of a difference in what you can achieve I know it can be a hassle selling privately but I think it’s worth it in the end.

• Like 1

I used Motorway in June and had a good result, the final selling price was nearly £1k more than their estimate so bear that in mind. The figure they give you is just an estimate, the dealers bids may go above this. 

Also, they come to you to collect the car, give it a quick once over and transfer the money, once you see it in your account then off they go. No fees, no chipping away at the price either. They ask for a specific set of photos and a good description but worth the extra effort in my opinion. I ended up with just over £1k more than the WBAC offer. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links