Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coolant Flush Question

kentishbh

Hi to everyone

Going to change coolant soon in my vitz 1.0. How much coolant should I be using for a complete flush? what is the coolant capacity for the 1.0 engine and what ratio of coolant should I be using?

Unfortunately we dont get Toyota coolant(red) from the dealer in Mauritius. I will be using Genuine BMW blue green coolant.hope it is compatible with the vitz.

Kentish

vitz 1.0

E34 540iA 1994

I will do a complete flush first with water and then replace everything. Is that okie?

Stick to the original. If you mix them, it WILL turn to sludge the fact remains that the coolants are not compatible.

Their chemical makeup is different and they are not made to be mixed.

Stick with whatever kind of coolant the manufacturer put in the engine when they delivered it.

It is not recommendable to change the type of coolant.

Even if you flush the orange/red coolant some traces will remain and by mixing with the green one they form a gel that will affect the engine.

Select 'Engine Coolant Video' and pay attention at the middle of the movie when they describe the 2 coolants

It’s a bit cheesy but useful.

:thumbsup:

But I dont get Toyota coolant in my country.. The dealer does not import it. I think they use generic coolant when servicing their cars. I know that BMW coolant is nitrite and nitrate free. Its specially made for cars with aluminium heater core.

Kentish

End of the day it’s up to you!

I’m sure there must be other Toyota’s in your country that use the same type of coolant as you, maybe it’s worth a few phone calls to see what’s around.

Best of luck and keep us updated. :thumbsup:

What ever you do, don’t mix coolants! :crybaby:

I'm sure I've seen bottles of coolant in Halfords that say 'suitable for Audi, Ford, Vauxhall, Toyota' etc etc.

I didn't know you had to be so careful with the coolant. Luckily I haven't topped it up or anything (saying that, I had bought a bottle of above mentioned coolant ready to do it!)

Ta.

I'm sure I've seen bottles of coolant in Halfords that say 'suitable for Audi, Ford, Vauxhall, Toyota' etc etc.

I didn't know you had to be so careful with the coolant. Luckily I haven't topped it up or anything (saying that, I had bought a bottle of above mentioned coolant ready to do it!)

Ta.

They are possibly the equivalent to the manufacturer’s recommended specifications, which I don’t see a problem with.

Just don’t mix the colours in your engine, if you have Blue don’t put Green Red Orange in etc...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links