Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Head Unit Adapter

corollags

Hey Guys!

IM in the process of removing the head unit from my car and replacing it with a CD player. I hav read the instructions on how to remove the pod to get the head unit out, but I was wondering if I need an adapter or facia to put the new head unit in?

Any help is appreciated!

Ad

teah u should need an adaptor...cant remem which one off the top of ma head...but if u go 2 somehwere like Halfords and ask them 4 a toyota adaptor then u will b well away!

btw wot make head uint u got?

failesy

you say "pod", therefore i'm guessing ur corolla is one of the 98 - 2000 models.

like this:

7.JPG

if so, then you do not need a adaptor.

Yea, thats the model I have! A 98 model! Thanx for that! Glad I dont need a facsia! Those things a re well expensive for a piece of plastic!!!

You might needan adaptor to connect the Toyota wiring to the head unit- Halfords or Motorworld should help there.

You might needan adaptor to connect the Toyota wiring to the head unit- Halfords or Motorworld should help there.

Hi John,

Would that apply to the MR2's wiring as well?

Its all done now guys!

Thanx for all your help! Only needed a wiring adapter! Im quite impressed with the standard Rolla Speakers also. Infinity's will be in soon tho!

Ad

Hi John,

Hi Earl - don't know jack about MR2s but knowing Toyota I would think that they have standard Toyota connections on the wiring loom and you will need a specific adaptor from the head unit to the loom. I don't know why they would do otherwise - but I've been wrong before - AND I'll be wrong again :shutit: :wacko:

Off topic - was it you who flashed headlights at me one day last week on Cowbridge Road??

Hi John,

The mainconnectors for the radio is the same at every Toyota so the Toyota-connector --> ISO-connector -adapter will fit every Toyota and every radio with ISO-connectors.

Regards, Eric

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links