Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bought a new Aygo and having some questions

haelewyn

1 hour ago, haelewyn said:

Park gear was not fitted on MMT too, so I've read.

The MMT has a normal handbrake (which some people call a parking brake), plus you can leave it in gear which has a similar effect to the P position on a conventional automatic. Remember the MMT is NOT an automatic gearbox, it's the same manual gearbox but with electronically controlled actuators for the clutch and gear selector.

Robotic system... I have read a bit about it but I bought a manual. For many reasons I stick to manual.

Can anybody give an idea about how many revs it would do at 100 - 120 km / h in 5th gear ?

Did the failing exhausts from the first series get fixed or are these exhausts still failing every 2-3 years ?
Perhaps more often in city and small distance usage...

On 10/29/2021 at 4:34 AM, haelewyn said:

Can anybody give an idea about how many revs it would do at 100 - 120 km / h in 5th gear ?

Did the failing exhausts from the first series get fixed or are these exhausts still failing every 2-3 years ?
Perhaps more often in city and small distance usage...

mine does between 3.5 to 4 rpm at motorway speeds in top gear

1 hour ago, Wiz201 said:

mine does between 3.5 to 4 rpm at motorway speeds in top gear

Same here, 3500rpm at 60mph (100kph) and 4000rpm at an indicated 75mph (c. 120kph).

Thanks... found some movies confirming that.
Only i was not sure they were in 5th gear there.

Started using the car and, although I had an idea about the high bite of the clutch... Damn ! This is VERY high. About one millimeter from complete release, it grabs.

Not sure if I will ask the dealer if this is normal or to check it. I guess that is what it should be ?

Installed an ultragauge and funny, but that shows a different speed compared to the analog speedometer.

I guess we all know the analog instrument is exaggerating the speed a bit for many reasons but the digital info on the obd seems to give the exact speed. 

I am using the ultragauge to know the engine temperature. Didn't go higher than half eighties numbers.. 84 - 86 °C. 

Wont be having an overheated engine soon, I guess. 

Heats up rather fast though.  🙂

Hmm... the high clutch biting point was deffo a thing in the original Aygos; I'm surprised they still haven't fixed it as it's one of the most numerous complaints I see about them! (That and the rain water leaks, but I think that has improved in newer models)

Yes, on my brand new aygo, it's still like that. Last series to be delivered at this dealer's place. He can't order new ones any more.

I wonder if this thing is fixable by myself, if there is any real adjustment possible.

13 hours ago, haelewyn said:

Installed an ultragauge and funny, but that shows a different speed compared to the analog speedometer.

I guess we all know the analog instrument is exaggerating the speed a bit for many reasons but the digital info on the obd seems to give the exact speed. 

That's expected, under EU (UN?) rules the speedo must never under-read and is allowed to over-read by up to 10%, so most manufacturers calibrate the speedo to over-read by around 5% on standard size new tyres.

The only true measure of the vehicle speed is GPS as even the OBD is affected by tyre diameter since it's calculated using the ABS sensors.

Yeah.. was planning to match or check it with GPS measurement but didn't manage to do so already.

Checked it... Obd and GPS speed is about the same. Just both have different refresh times. Difficult to compare.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links