Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2021 Aygo Dipping Headlights

G8OSN

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here:

First, I know how to operate the lights etc. That isn't the issue. Plus ours dip as they should etc. 

The problem is, I can't see how the Aygo actually achieves the dip/main change in the light. 

In some cars there are two lights/two bulbs.  In others one bulb with two filaments. (Or LEDs bits).  Some have moving parts which move the light source in the reflector (only I believe in LED ones). 

Our Aygo has one HIR2 bulb (unless there is one very well hidden) in a single reflector.  It is a simple HIR2 bulb which has one filament. 

The lights dip as they should etc (unfortunately  the UK way rather than the flat top way), I'm just curious.  I was hoping for the 'flat top' dip as I wouldn't need to worry about   stickers etc when driving in Europe. 

Brian

In common with other models which use the HIR2 bulbs, an actuator changes the beam from dipped to main.

19 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

In common with other models which use the HIR2 bulbs, an actuator changes the beam from dipped to main.

Thank you. 

I was missing something obvious 😉

Brian

3 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

The same method is used on cars with Bi-Xenon headlamps, basically it's just a moving shutter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links